Technical Account Managers (TAM)
- What is an Atlassian Technical Account Manager (TAM)?
- How do I purchase the TAM Service?
- Where can I find the terms and conditions of the TAM Service?
- What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and Atlassian Technical Support?
- Are TAMs an onsite consultative resource?
- Can I engage a TAM that speaks my local language?
- What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and an Expert?
- As an Atlassian Expert can I sell the TAM Service to customers I am working with?
Legacy Enterprise Offerings
- What was part of the previous Atlassian Enterprise offering?
- Why was the legacy Atlassian Enterprise offering discontinued?
- I have a legacy Atlassian Enterprise server license, what happens next?
- What does this mean for a JIRA Unlimited license holder who opted in for the non-Enterprise 500 user tier?
1. What is part of the current Atlassian Enterprise offerings?
Atlassian Enterprise provides mission critical products, premier support and strategic services for customers to get the most out of their Atlassian applications.
- The Data Center deployment option provides high availability and performance at scale for your mission critical Atlassian applications
- Premier Support delivers account-level access to a dedicated senior engineering team providing enhanced availability and SLAs for all your Atlassian applications.
- A Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a trusted advisor for your implementation teams providing guidance, advice and coordination across your organization, the Expert partner ecosystem and Atlassian's internal teams to maximize the value your Atlassian solutions
2. What is Data Center?
The Data Center deployment option provides high availability and performance at scale for your mission critical Atlassian applications. Our Data Center product is a term license starting at 500 users for JIRA Software, Confluence, and JIRA Service Desk and 25 users for Bitbucket. See our Data Center information page for more details.
3. What is the difference between Premier Support and Technical Account Management (TAM)?
Premier Support: is a rapid response team to go to for incidents involving your entire Atlassian stack.
- Dedicated Senior Engineers
- 24x7 including phone*
- 30 minute initial L1 response time
- Critical Incident Management
*Weekend coverage supports all products, however, HipChat, Crowd and Development Tools coverage and response is limited to only L1 issues.
Technical Account Manager: is a single point of contact to assess, align, and accelerate the enterprise-wide enablement and operational excellence of your Atlassian solutions.
- Strategic planning
- Enterprise scale
- 1:1 Guidance
- Enterprise level best practices
- Risk mitigation
4. Where can I find pricing?
- Premier Support: is $35,000 per year for up to 3 named contacts. This is a service purchased separately on top of standard technical support. Instances identified for Premier Support must also have up-to-date basic support maintenance. (To co-term all your licenses to synchronize their dates, please Contact Us.)
- Technical Account Managers: is $60,000 per year. The Atlassian Technical Account Manager Service includes up to one (1) business day of service from an Atlassian TAM per week for a 12-month period. For questions regarding this service, please Contact Us.
1. What is the Premier Support offering?
Atlassian Premier Support is an extension to our standard support that helps you and your implementation teams get the most out of Atlassian’s products with limited interruptions. The team is your dedicated resource to get you back up and running with your mission-critical Atlassian applications.
2. Is there a feature comparison between the support offerings?
Yes, please see the chart below:
Support Plan Feature
(legacy server license)
|Self-help resources support|
|Online ticket creation|
|Availability||24 x 5||24 x 7||24 x 7||24 x 7**|
|Initial response times (L1/L2)||1hr / 4hr||1hr / 4hr||1hr / 4hr||30min / 2hr|
|Senior Support Engineer first response||24x5|
|Development escalation priority|
|Onboarding and environment familiarity|
|Post-incident report requests|
* Standard maintenance must be current for all products.
** Weekend coverage supports all products, however, HipChat, Crowd and development tools coverage and response is limited to only L1 issues.
3. Where can I learn more about the Premier Support offering?
Please see the Atlassian Premier Support Offering Details in our Atlassian documentation.
4. Who can I talk to more about the Premier Support offering?
Please Contact Us with any questions you have about the offering.
Technical Account Managers (TAM)
1. What is an Atlassian Technical Account Manager (TAM)?
An Atlassian TAM is a post-sales advisory service available for purchase by qualified enterprise customers. The TAM functions as a trusted advisor from Atlassian to validate that the customer is deploying Atlassian technologies following the latest best practices, and gives the customer an internal resource at Atlassian to be an advocate across all functions and roles. For more details on how the TAM service is delivered, please reference the Atlassian Technical Account Manager Datasheet.
2. How do I purchase the TAM Service?
To inquire about subscribing to the TAM Service please Contact Us; or request a quote from your Atlassian Expert.
3. Where can I find the terms and conditions of the TAM Service?
The Atlassian TAM Service is governed by the Atlassian Professional Services Agreement.
4. What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and Atlassian Technical Support?
Atlassian Technical Support is a 'break-fix' incident based service where you file a specific support request regarding a point in time problem, and they assist you in resolving the issue. Atlassian TAM's are a proactive consultative resource focused on ensuring that you are deriving the appropriate ROI from your Atlassian investment. Atlassian TAMs ensure that you are defining an Atlassian technical solution that will address your business needs and architecting the solution with best practices and risk mitigation in mind.
5. Are TAMs an onsite consultative resource?
TAMs primarily function within the region where the customer's production management teams reside. TAMs visit onsite at the customer's location at least once a quarter, but spend the majority of their time providing remote guidance and working with their counterparts in Atlassian's offices to enable the end customer.
6. Can I engage a TAM that speaks my local language?
For certain countries where English is not the primary language, staffing of a local TAM resource is available who will speak the local language. Contact Us to inquire whether such a resource is currently available in your locale.
7. What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and an Expert?
Atlassian Experts are in-depth and hands-on technology practitioners to help you deploy, manage and enhance your Atlassian solution deployments. Atlassian TAMs are a solution advisory resource that have direct weekly touch-points with Atlassian product, engineering, executive and support teams and give you an immediate advocate to the product teams at Atlassian, and keep you abreast of the latest product roadmap updates and internal thinking from within Atlassian to ensure that you and the Expert are following down the ideal solutions path.
8. As an Atlassian Expert can I sell the TAM Service to customers I am working with?
Atlassian Platinum and Enterprise Experts are qualified to sell the TAM Service. Experts within other non-enterprise tiers of Atlassian's Expert program will need to work with the regional Atlassian Expert Manager to qualify. For more details on the conditions of selling the TAM service, or to execute a TAM order, the Expert must qualify the customer as a TAM prospect via email@example.com.
Legacy Enterprise Offerings
1. What was part of the previous Atlassian Enterprise offering?
Atlassian Enterprise server licenses [Legacy] issued before July 2014 include additional services and support which focus on ensuring success as your deployment grows. Atlassian Enterprise server licenses were available for select user tiers of JIRA Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and JIRA Service Desk.
Atlassian Enterprise server license [Legacy] holders got access to the following:
- Enterprise Support: Priority 24x7 online and phone support
- Atlassian Enterprise Community
- Participation in Atlassian Enterprise Workshops and Webinars
These services will be honored for the remainder of the license term and cannot be renewed beyond the current term.
2. Why was the legacy Atlassian Enterprise offering discontinued?
The legacy Atlassian Enterprise offering was available only for certain user tiers of Server licenses for JIRA, Confluence, and Stash. This narrow definition made it difficult to provide comprehensive support to Atlassian add-ons of the parent product as well as other products in the Atlassian portfolio.
The new Atlassian Enterprise offerings include premier support and strategic services at an account-level in order for customers to get the most out of their Atlassian applications.
3. I have a legacy Atlassian Enterprise server license, what happens next?
Customer's who are on an Atlassian Enterprise server license [Legacy] will continue to receive the benefits they've enjoyed through the end of your current software maintenance. Renewing maintenance or upgrading to these discontinued tiers is no longer available after 09-Jul-2014, however we will honor any active quotes that have not expired.
4. What does this mean for a JIRA Unlimited license holder who opted in for the non-Enterprise 500 user tier?
The non-Enterprise 500 user server license has been discontinued with the change to Atlassian Enterprise server licenses.
Legacy JIRA 100+ (Unlimited) server license holders who opted in for the non-Enterprise 500 user tier will be quoted at that user tier price ($4,000) for one more 12 month term. After this period, customers will be quoted at the current renewal cost of a JIRA 500 User sever license.