Priority & Premier Support Offerings
Technical Account Managers (TAM)
- What is an Atlassian Technical Account Manager (TAM)?
- How do I purchase the TAM Service?
- Where can I find the terms and conditions of the TAM Service?
- What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and Atlassian Technical Support?
- Are TAMs an onsite consultative resource?
- Can I engage a TAM that speaks my local language?
- What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and an Expert?
- As an Atlassian Expert can I sell the TAM Service to customers I am working with?
1. What is part of the current Atlassian Enterprise offerings?
Atlassian Enterprise provides mission critical products, premier support and strategic services for customers to get the most out of their Atlassian applications.
- The Data Center deployment option provides high availability and performance at scale for your mission critical Atlassian applications
- Premier Support delivers account-level access to a dedicated senior engineering team providing enhanced availability and SLAs for all your Atlassian applications.
- A Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a trusted advisor for your implementation teams providing guidance, advice and coordination across your organization, the Expert partner ecosystem and Atlassian's internal teams to maximize the value your Atlassian solutions
2. What is Data Center?
The Data Center deployment option provides high availability and performance at scale for your mission critical Atlassian applications. Our Data Center product is a term license starting at 500 users for Jira Software, Confluence, and Jira Service Desk, 25 users for Bitbucket and 10 users for Hipchat. See our Data Center information page for more details.
3. What is the difference between Premier Support and Technical Account Management (TAM)?
Premier Support: is a rapid response team to go to for incidents involving your entire Atlassian stack.
- Dedicated Senior Engineers
- 24x7 including phone*
- 30 minute initial L1 response time
- Critical Incident Management
*Weekend coverage supports all products, however, Hipchat, Crowd and Development Tools coverage and response is limited to only L1 issues.
Technical Account Manager: is a single point of contact to assess, align, and accelerate the enterprise-wide enablement and operational excellence of your Atlassian solutions.
- Strategic planning
- Enterprise scale
- 1:1 Guidance
- Enterprise level best practices
- Risk mitigation
4. Where can I find pricing?
Priority & Premier Support Offerings
1. What is the Premier Support offering?
Atlassian Premier Support is an extension to our Select support that helps you and your implementation teams get the most out of Atlassian’s products with limited interruptions. The team is your dedicated resource to get you back up and running with your mission-critical Atlassian applications.
2. What is the Priority Support offering?
Priority Support was created to ensure there will always be a support option for you as you continue to experience growth. This support offering is designed to provide you with faster response times, inbound phone support for production-impacting issues, access to teams of advanced support engineers for critical issues and extended coverage hours.
With this new offering, we let you choose the right level of support for your organization. Priority Support for Server includes enhanced coverage by an advanced team of senior support engineers for all critical issues impacting production. You can count on our support team to handle all production impacting issues 24/7. This flexibility lets you plan downtime more effectively and know that an advanced team of support engineers will be available after business hours. For all other issues, you'll also receive the same great support during your work week.
3. Is there a feature comparison between the support offerings?
For a comparison of Atlassian's Support offerings, please see our Support Offerings page.
Technical Account Managers (TAM)
1. What is an Atlassian Technical Account Manager (TAM)?
An Atlassian TAM is a post-sales advisory service available for purchase by qualified enterprise customers. The TAM functions as a trusted advisor from Atlassian to validate that the customer is deploying Atlassian technologies following the latest best practices, and gives the customer an internal resource at Atlassian to be an advocate across all functions and roles. For more details on how the TAM service is delivered, please reference the Atlassian Technical Account Manager Datasheet.
2. How do I purchase the TAM Service?
To inquire about subscribing to the TAM Service please Contact Us; or request a quote from your Atlassian Expert.
3. Where can I find the terms and conditions of the TAM Service?
The Atlassian TAM Service is governed by the Enterprise Support and Services Policy.
4. What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and Atlassian Technical Support?
Atlassian Technical Support is a 'break-fix' incident based service where you file a specific support request regarding a point in time problem, and they assist you in resolving the issue. Atlassian TAM's are a proactive consultative resource focused on ensuring that you are deriving the appropriate ROI from your Atlassian investment. Atlassian TAMs ensure that you are defining an Atlassian technical solution that will address your business needs and architecting the solution with best practices and risk mitigation in mind.
5. Are TAMs an onsite consultative resource?
TAMs primarily function within the region where the customer's production management teams reside. TAMs visit onsite at the customer's location at least once a quarter, but spend the majority of their time providing remote guidance and working with their counterparts in Atlassian's offices to enable the end customer.
6. Can I engage a TAM that speaks my local language?
For certain countries where English is not the primary language, staffing of a local TAM resource is available who will speak the local language. Contact Us to inquire whether such a resource is currently available in your locale.
7. What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and an Expert?
Atlassian Experts are in-depth and hands-on technology practitioners to help you deploy, manage and enhance your Atlassian solution deployments. Atlassian TAMs are a solution advisory resource that have direct weekly touch-points with Atlassian product, engineering, executive and support teams and give you an immediate advocate to the product teams at Atlassian, and keep you abreast of the latest product roadmap updates and internal thinking from within Atlassian to ensure that you and the Expert are following down the ideal solutions path.
8. As an Atlassian Expert can I sell the TAM Service to customers I am working with?
Atlassian Platinum and Enterprise Experts are qualified to sell the TAM Service. Experts within other non-enterprise tiers of Atlassian's Expert program will need to work with the regional Atlassian Expert Manager to qualify. For more details on the conditions of selling the TAM service, or to execute a TAM order, the Expert must qualify the customer as a TAM prospect via email@example.com.