Pricing Updates for Atlassian Cloud
Atlassian is adjusting its pricing for a number of our Atlassian Cloud products and related Atlassian apps on October 12, 2018. This price increase allows us to continually invest across our product lines to create the greatest possible value for you and your team.
Over the past year, we've made significant investments in R&D to improve our cloud products. We've overhauled our cloud infrastructure to improve performance, enable greater scale, and ensure that we meet your security, privacy, and compliance expectations. Our promise is to be the value leader in the market, and that means we're committed to delivering you powerful products at fair prices.
This FAQ contains the most frequently asked questions relating to the upcoming price changes. Please note, this will not take effect until October 12, 2018. If you would like to talk to us directly, please contact our support team.
Cloud products affected by these changes
If you have 101+ users on any of the following Atlassian Cloud products, these changes will affect you:
- JIRA Software
- JIRA Core
- Portfolio for JIRA
- Team Calendars for Confluence
- Questions for Confluence
Please note, the following cloud products are excluded from these pricing changes: Jira Service Desk, Bitbucket, Access, Trello, Statuspage, and Stride.
Timing for these changes
- If you're on a monthly subscription, any bills on or after October 12, 2018 will reflect the new pricing.
- If you're on an annual subscription, any quotes generated on or after October 12, 2018 will reflect the new pricing.
- If you're on an automatically renewing annual subscription, any bills on or after October 12, 2018 will reflect the new pricing. Please note, we will honor any open quotes created before October 12, 2018 until their expiration date as indicated on the quote.
- For sites automatically renewing, the credit card on file will be charged based on the new pricing for renewals on or after October 12, 2018.
Estimating your new bill
We sent an email to your site administrators, billing, and technical contacts on September 12, 2018 with details on the number of users you have (as of September 5, 2018) on each of the cloud products affected by these changes. Enter your user count into our pricing calculator to estimate your bill on the new pricing.
Please note, the pricing calculator and user count referenced in your email are intended to provide estimated pricing only. Actual amounts charged to you will be based on your user count and the current pricing as of your billing date.
Understanding how many users you have
If you're a site administrator, you can find the number of users on your cloud sites by following the instructions below:
- Go to Settings > User management > Manage applications
If you're only a billing or technical contact (within my.atlassian.com), you will not have access to user counts. In order to understand how many users you have please refer to the email we sent on September 12, 2018 detailing the number of users on your cloud site(s) as of September 5, 2018. Alternatively, contact your site administrator who has access to user counts.
Reduce your bill
If you're looking to lower your monthly bill there are a few strategies for doing this:
- If you can identify users that aren't using your cloud product(s), deactivate them so they no longer count towards your monthly bill.
- If you need help identifying users that aren't using your cloud product(s), contact us so we can assist you with identifying users that have not been active.
- Convert to an annual subscription. Annual subscriptions currently offer a discount that equates to 2 months free on an annual basis.
If you're looking to lower your annual bill there are a few strategies for doing this:
- If you can identify users that aren't using your cloud product(s), deactivate them to reduce your user count and contact us to downgrade to a lower tier.
- If you need help identifying users that aren't using your cloud product(s), contact us so we can assist you with identifying users that have not been active and help you move to a lower tier.
Understand Last Activity of Users
To view your Users' last activity, follow the steps below:
- Log into your instance as a Site Admin
- Select 'User Management' from the Settings menu
- Select 'Application Access' from the left task bar
Activity is captured when a logged in user interacts with JIRA or Confluence. When there is user activity, the current date is logged in User Management. Please note, we don't differentiate between activity on different JIRA products, we take the activity across JIRA Software, JIRA Core and JIRA Service Desk.
Converting to an annual subscription
If you're a site administrator,
- Go to Settings > Billing.
- Click on Payment Details on the left-hand side
- Click on Switch to an annual payment plan to generate an annual quote. You can either pay later with a quote or pay immediately with the credit card that is already on file.
If you're only a billing or technical contact (within my.atlassian.com), you can contact us to have your subscription converted.
We are now offering early access to customers to move above 2,000 Users.
|Product||Up to 10 users |
|For more than 10 users |
|For the next 150 users |
|For each additional user |
|Jira Software||$10.00 flat||$7.00/user||$5.00/user||$1.10/user|
|Jira Core||$10.00 flat||$5.00/user||$3.50/user||$1.10/user|
|Portfolio for Jira||$10.00 flat||$3.50/user||$2.50/user||$0.55/user|
|Questions for Confluence||$10.00 flat||$2.50/user||$1.75/user||$0.55/user|
|Team Calendars for Confluence||$10.00 flat||$2.50/user||$1.75/user||$0.55/user|
We are now offering early access to customers to move above 2,000 Users.
|Annual User Tier||Jira Software||Jira Core||Confluence||Portfolio for Jira||Questions for Confluence||Team Calendars for Confluence|
|1 - 10*||$100||$100||$100||$100||$100||$100|
|11 - 15||$1,050||$750||$750||$525||$375||$375|
|16 - 25||$1,750||$1,250||$1,250||$875||$625||$625|
|26 - 50||$3,500||$2,500||$2,500||$1,750||$1,250||$1,250|
|51 - 100||$7,000||$5,000||$5,000||$3,500||$2,500||$2,500|
|101 - 200||$12,000||$8,500||$8,500||$6,000||$4,250||$4,250|
|201 - 300||$15,050||$10,800||$10,800||$7,525||$5,400||$5,400|
|301 - 400||$16,150||$11,900||$11,900||$8,075||$5,950||$5,950|
|401 - 500||$17,250||$13,000||$13,000||$8,625||$6,500||$6,500|
|501 - 600||$18,350||$14,100||$14,100||$9,175||$7,050||$7,050|
|601 - 800||$20,550||$16,300||$16,300||$10,275||$8,150||$8,150|
|801 - 1,000||$22,750||$18,500||$18,500||$11,375||$9,250||$9,250|
|1,001 - 1,200||$24,950||$20,700||$20,700||$12,475||$10,350||$10,350|
|1,201 - 1,400||$27,150||$22,900||$22,900||$13,575||$11,450||$11,450|
|1,401 - 1,600||$29,350||$25,100||$25,100||$14,675||$12,550||$12,550|
|1,601 - 1,800||$31,550||$27,300||$27,300||$15,775||$13,650||$13,650|
|1,801 - 2,000||$33,750||$29,500||$29,500||$16,875||$14,750||$14,750|
|Early Access Tiers|
|2,001 - 2,250||$36,500||$23,250||$32,250||$18,250||$16,125||$16,125|
|2,251 - 2,500||$39,250||$35,000||$35,000||$19,625||$17,500||$17,500|
|2,501 - 2,750||$42,000||$37,750||$37,750||$21,000||$18,875||$18,875|
|2,751 - 3,000||$44,750||$40,500||$40,500||$22,375||$20,250||$20,250|
|3,001 - 3,250||$47,500||$43,250||$43,250||$23,750||$21,625||$21,625|
|3,251 - 3,500||$50,250||$46,000||$46,000||$25,125||$23,000||$23,000|
|3,501 - 3,750||$53,000||$48,750||$48,750||$26,500||$24,375||$24,375|
|3,751 - 4,000||$55,750||$51,500||$51,500||$27,875||$25,750||$25,750|
|4,001 - 4,250||$58,500||$54,250||$54,250||$29,250||$27,125||$27,125|
|4,251 - 4,500||$61,250||$57,000||$57,000||$30,625||$28,500||$28,500|
|4,501 - 4,750||$64,000||$59,750||$59,750||$32,000||$29,875||$29,875|
|4,751 - 5,000||$66,750||$62,500||$62,500||$33,375||$31,250||$31,250|
What have we shipped?
Over the past year, we've made significant improvements to our cloud products. Not only have we shipped new features but we've also overhauled our cloud infrastructure to improve performance, enable greater scale, and ensure that we meet your security, privacy, and compliance expectations.
For a rundown of everything we've shipped across our Cloud products this year take a look at our Cloud release blog and our Atlassian Summit Europe announcements blog. See things we've shipped in Jira Software and Confluence below.
Jira Software Cloud
- Feature flag integrations: Feature flags are a modern software development technique that lets teams turn new code on and off. This allows you to roll out new features to subsets of customers with the flip of a switch.
- New dev status integrations: These integrations will provide faster connection time, quicker performance, increased reliability, and a public API for deeper connections to more source code management tools
- Agility Projects: Agile Projects enables teams to have complete control and flexibility over their project experience. Team members can now make changes on the fly with a variety of features from adding issue types and editing workflows to managing permissions and user roles.
- Bitbucket Pipelines integration: This integration will allow teams to access real-time Bitbucket Pipeline deployment information directly from a Jira issue, and alternatively, related Jira issues and ticket information from inside Bitbucket Pipelines.
- Optimized layout: The content you create in Confluence will stay consistently formatted and easy to read across any device or web platform. While text will stay within neat margins, your tables and images can expand to wide view or full-page width with a simple toggle in the media toolbar.
- Contextual toolbars: Complicated toolbars in Confluence are now a thing of the past. In-context toolbars help you easily manipulate tables, arrange images, and format various aspect of your page. So when you’re editing a table in Confluence, the table toolbar will pop up in-context within the page.
- Live macros: Create and publish worry-free with a consistent experience whether you’re viewing a page or editing it. All macros are shown in live view so you don’t have to wonder what your page will look like after pressing publish; you can see what all the content in your macros will look like instantly.
- Simple and reliable tables: Inserting rows and columns can be done contextually - click inline to add the row or column right where you want it. Table resizing which was painful as hell now works like a charm. We added width presets to make expanding easier and we rebuilt drag-to-resize to make column sizing more responsive.
- Quick insert menu: To help you get stuff done more quickly, we are also introducing a universal shortcut. Quickly insert a date, action, macro, emoji or really anything that you currently do in Confluence products by starting with a “/”."
- New templates: Our customers' use cases are expanding, which means our product should too. We've created 4 new templates (with more to come!) to meet the needs of more teams and help you start creating and collaborating right away.
- New integrations: We know you work across multiple tools. We also know how important it is for your tools to work seamlessly with each other. We've recently launched the Confluence Cloud app for Slack, giving you one place to stay up to date on the work that's happening in Confluence straight from your Slack channel. With the new app you can receive granular notifications, preview Confluence links, and take action on content - all from within your channel.