Server to cloud migration guide
Use our step-by-step migration guide for resources and best practices to ensure a successful move to cloud
Prepare training materials
A move to cloud comes with some changes and benefits for your end users. Make sure you’ve understood and prepared for all the major changes such as how users will log in, new URLs, changes to apps, and UI differences. Your UAT from above should give a sense for what questions users will have and the training that might benefit them. In addition to putting together material, here are some extra resources that may be helpful:
- Atlassian University - offers both free and paid courses to help admins and end users learn how to best leverage our products. Check out some of our changeboarding tutorials here.
- Jira product guide - gives you everything you need to know about using and customizing Jira, getting started, and best practices
- Confluence product guide - provides tutorials and demos on getting up and running with Confluence
- Bitbucket product guide - gives you everything you need to know about buying, using, and growing with Bitbucket Cloud.
- Getting started in cloud after migrating - this page can be helpful to include in an email to your users or as an extra resource they can access
To successfully transition your team, think about creating a clear process for collecting feedback and answering end user questions about the move to cloud such as office hours or a chat room.