We often see larger customers take 9-12 months on average to migrate, given the size and complexity of their Atlassian footprint. In order to give you adequate time to complete your migration and avoid double paying for your Cloud and Server license/Data Center subscription, we offer dual licensing.
How it works
- You purchase an annual cloud subscription with 1,001 or more users (Jira Software, Jira Work Management, or Confluence) or 251 or more agents (Jira Service Management).
- For Data Center customers, we extend your existing subscription for up to one year at a 100% discount.
- For server customers, if you purchase an annual cloud subscription on or after September 12, 2023 and before February 15, 2024, we will provide server support for up to 12 months while you migrate at a 100% discount. This ensures that you won’t introduce security risks by remaining on server during your migration journey.
- Eligibility: You have active server maintenance or a Data Center subscription that is no more than 30 days past expiry date AND you purchase an equivalent annual cloud subscription. To be eligible, the annual cloud subscription must be for 1,001 or more users (Jira Software, Jira Work Management, or Confluence) or 251 or more agents (Jira Service Management). Server customers looking to take advantage of this offer must purchase an annual cloud subscription on or after September 12, 2023 and before February 15, 2024.
- Tier of the dual license granted: The 100% discounted server maintenance or Data Center subscription granted will be for the same tier as your cloud subscription. If the tier is not available on the server or Data Center side, the next highest tier will be granted.
- Validity of the dual license: Your discounted server maintenance or Data Center subscription is granted for a maximum of one year and will end when your cloud subscription ends.
- Migration completion: You should complete your migration before the end of the 100% discounted dual license. When your first-year cloud subscription ends, your cloud subscription will be renewed, but your 100% discounted server maintenance or Data Center subscription will not be.
- Availability: This promotional program is available for a limited time and is subject to change at Atlassian's discretion. We cannot provide assurance you will receive this promotional offer.
You own Jira Software Server maintenance (2,000 users) that expires on October 31, 2023, and you want to migrate to cloud in phases over a six-month period. On October 16, 2023, you purchase an annual subscription of Jira Software Cloud (2,000 users). Atlassian will grant you a 100% discounted Jira Software Server maintenance until your cloud subscription expires on October 15, 2024, so that you don’t introduce security risk during your migration journey.
You own Jira Software Data Center (2,000 users) that expires on October 31, 2020, and you want to migrate to cloud in phases over a six-month period. On October 16, 2020, you purchase an annual subscription of Jira Software Cloud (1,800 users) at a lower user tier than your Data Center subscription. Since there is no 1,800 tier for Jira Software Data Center, a 100% discounted 2,000 user Data Center subscription will be granted.
Have questions or want to sign up? Contact sales.
The information on this page contains forward-looking statements, which involve uncertainties when providing estimated effective dates. All forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and are subject to change.