ShipIt Days at Atlassian
Every quarter, we give employees the chance to work on anything that relates to our products, and deliver it during ShipIt Day, our 24-hour hackathon. Been wanting to build that plugin, redesign that interface, or completely rethink that feature that’s been bugging you? You’ve got 24 hours...go!
- Foster creativity – When there’s no rules, anything’s possible.
- Scratch itches – Every employee has something that bugs them about our products, and ShipIt is the time to tackle it.
- Get radical, dude – ShipIt gives a spotlight and traction to radical ideas that might not normally be prioritzed.
- Have fun! – Traditions like ShipIt Day help make Atlassian a more fun place to work.
Want to start your own ShipIt Day? Check out our FAQ and past ShipIt Days. Plenty of other companies have, including Six Feet Up, and Snowflake Software. And it's not just companies, even high schoolers!
The Winner's Booty
- ShipIt champion shirt
- Possession of the sought-after ShipIt Day trophy
- A pirate's booty of bragging rights and pride