Cloud product investments
Over the last 12 months, we have invested heavily across our cloud products with a focus on improved performance and security, powerful integrations with both Atlassian and 3rd party offerings, ease of use around search and reporting, and more.
- We are continuing to expand our data residency capabilities and launched data residency in Australia for customers on Cloud Standard and Premium plans. We have plans to launch data residency in Germany, Japan, Canada and the UK in the beginning of 2023.
- In the compliance space, we tackled more industry and geo-based regulations, such as BaFIN and EBA for financial services, and HIPAA for the health industry.
- Since our latest Cloud App Round-up, our developer community has added more than 100 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace.
- We’ve also added to admin innovations with the launch of mobile device and app management, user activity audit logs, and monthly release tracks to give admins more controls and visibility of their users and products.
For product specific improvements, please read below.
Over the past year, we’ve introduced new features and integrations in Jira Software Cloud that have helped software teams move fast, stay aligned, and build better - together. Here are some highlights:
- A new issue search experience in Jira that makes pulling data more intuitive, effective, and faster.
- Manage scope and make decisions in the context of your current sprint with burndown insights.
- Two highly requested enhancements to Advanced Roadmaps shipped that make your team even more productive.
- We shipped multiple improvements to project navigation, including sidebar categories and improved accessibility for visually impaired users.
- Release notes now live directly in Jira: check out how we’ve updated release note experience.
We also expanded our Jira portfolio with the launch of Jira Product Discovery into beta, Atlassian’s newest product built uniquely for product managers. At its core, Jira Product Discovery gives product managers a hub where they can systematically gather and organize product inputs and make data-driven decisions. Jira Product Discovery is available to try for free today.
We’ve also invested heavily in Atlassian’s Open DevOps solution, a pre-configured DevOps project powered by Jira Software. We shipped:
- A new Toolchain page to help you visualize and manage your integrations across all the Atlassian and 3rd party tools your team uses.
- Deployments data with Release Hub, extending the value of CICD automation to the release phase.
- Expanded CICD integration support with Jenkins and Github CICD.
In the near future, expect to see our Open DevOps offering strengthen with the addition of code insights directly on the Jira board, release notes in release hub, Github enterprise support, and the ability to take third-party tool actions within a Jira issue.
And to learn more about what’s to come check out our Jira Software roadmap.
We’ve been hard at work making Confluence Cloud the best tool to build, organize, and collaborate on work in one place from virtually anywhere. Here are highlights of some of the exciting features we’ve released over the past year:
- Confluence is now 3-4x faster!
- Stay organized with a new and improved version of Home.
- Presenter Mode, a new way to let your work shine, free of distractions, without leaving Confluence.
- Tell compelling, data-driven stories with table visualization.
- Access Confluence Embedded Pages directly inside Jira Software and the Microsoft Teams app so you can get more done in one place.
- Engage your audience with emojis in page titles, header images, and dozens of emoji reactions.
- Customizable panels grab your audience’s attention on a page.
- Easily discover like-content with related pages.
- Add multiple Excerpt macros to create a single, powerful source of truth.
- Get a summary of the pages, blog posts, and spaces you’re watching with the Daily Digest email.
- Communicate with your team more clearly using page status.
To learn more about what’s recently shipped and what’s to come, be sure to check out our Confluence Cloud roadmap.
Jira Service Management:
Jira Service Management capabilities have significantly improved over the last 12 months. We continue to build a fully integrated incident and change management experience so customers can drill into specific services to understand recent and upcoming changes and releases, along with previous and ongoing incidents related to dependent services. In addition, recent launches include:
- An all-new forms experience that includes 300+ form templates and a low-code/no-code form builder.
- Out-of-the-box knowledge base powered by Confluence.
- Conversational ticketing with Slack and Microsoft Teams.
- The new incident investigation view displays recent changes, including code changes, that may be the root cause of an incident.
- Post-Incident Review (PIR) improvements include a dedicated PIR area and workflows to facilitate PIRs more effectively.
- Recent advancements to our dynamic asset and service configuration management capabilities include the addition of a new, native discovery offering and additional 3rd party import capabilities.
- We have also added the ability to track assets using QR codes.
To learn more about what’s recently shipped and what’s to come, be sure to check out our Jira Service Management Cloud roadmap.