Server to cloud migration guide
Use our step-by-step migration guide for resources and best practices to ensure a successful move to cloud
Communicate your plan
With timelines and owners in place, communicate the official plan to your organization. Things to include in your communications are:
- When will the migration occur?
- What downtime can users expect?
- Ask end users to avoid changing anything during the transition.
- What will happen to the old site after migrating? Will it still be accessible or readable?
- What will the new URL(s) be?
- How will they sign in?
- Who do they reach out to if they run into any issues or have trouble logging in?
- What onboarding material can they review to get acclimated to cloud?
Keep in mind that there may be issues that occur during the migration that you may need to troubleshoot, so call out an adjustment period to your end users to get your site cleaned up and working as planned.