Server to cloud migration guide
Use our step-by-step migration guide for resources and best practices to ensure a successful move to cloud
Phase 6: Launch
You made it - you can breathe your sigh of relief! With careful planning, preparation and an all-star team you’ve successfully migrated to cloud. Before we celebrate (or take a long vacation), make sure your team receives a warm welcome, they’re setup for cloud, and your admins feel equipped to manage cloud responsibilities.
Welcome your team
Communicate to your stakeholders that the migration was successful, why your company decided to make this transition, and re-share what the new status quo looks like. Review our getting started in cloud documentation (and share it with your team!) to get your users up and running. We recommend sending an email to invite them to your cloud site and including the key information below:
- New links to bookmark, such as the link to your new cloud site
- Directions on how end users will log in
- What they’ll need to reset (i.e. avatars or, if you’re not using SSO, users will need to rest passwords)
- Changes to apps or functionality
- What training will be provided, and
- Who to contact for help
As a secondary option, you can also invite your users from within your cloud site.