Server to cloud migration guide
Use our step-by-step migration guide for resources and best practices to ensure a successful move to cloud
Audit current landscape
When auditing your current tech stack, take note of what products you have (both Atlassian products, as well as other tools you may want to integrate with).
- Are they all self-managed, or do you already have some cloud products?
- How many employees are using each product and for what purpose?
- How often are they being used?
- Are there any instances you weren’t previously aware of? If so, do you plan on keeping them alongside your cloud site, or archiving them?
- What version of Atlassian products are you running?
- Have you built customizations into Atlassian products? How often do you or your team maintain workflows and custom fields in your instances?
Understanding your current environment and what your teams actually need (vs. what has naturally expanded or been adopted over time) will help you better define your path forward. While you don’t need to make any decisions right now, cleaning up and standardizing your workflows, tools, and teams prior to migrating will be a major benefit once your teams land in cloud.