Clover Licensing and Pricing
- 1. What does a new Clover license cost?
- 2. How much is it to renew my Clover software maintenance?
- 3. What is the cost to upgrade my Clover license to a higher user tier?
- 4. How do I request a quote?
- 5. How do you define a Clover User?
- 6. How is Clover licensed?
- 7. What is the main difference between Desktop and Server editions?
Our FAQ contains the most frequently asked questions relating to our licensing and pricing. Of course, if you would like to talk to us directly, please contact our Sales Team.
1. What does a new Clover license cost?
We believe the Clover licensing scheme is simple, upfront and equitable. Our software licenses entitle you to perpetual use, and include 12 months maintenance (updates/support) commencing from the date of purchase. Renewing maintenance is entirely optional.
2. How much is it to renew my Clover software maintenance?
All non-free licenses come with 12 months of software maintenance (support and product updates). Beyond this initial 12 month period, you may renew your software maintenance for a further 12 months* at our discounted renewal prices.
Atlassian automatically sends a no-obligation quote 90 days before the maintenance is to expire on a license. However, customers can request a quote at any time from the Quote & Order Form; see this FAQ for more details.
*Maintenance renewals commence from the expiration of your active maintenance period, regardless of when the maintenance renewal is purchased. If you intend to renew, we recommend renewing at least 30 days before expiration.
3. What is the cost to upgrade my Clover license to a higher user tier?
Licensees can upgrade to a Team, Workgroup or Enterprise license at any time. All data is seamlessly upgraded. Upgrades include 12 months of software maintenance commencing from the date payment is processed. This will override any existing maintenance period.
|From Desktop to||US $1,000||US $2,000||US $3,800||US $7,800||US $15,800|
|From Server to||US $1,200||US $3,400||US $7,400||US $15,400|
|From Team to||US $2,200||US $6,400||US $14,600|
|From Workgroup to||US $4,400||US $12,400|
|From Enterprise to||US $8,400|
|From Desktop to||US $500||US $1,000||US $1,900||US $3,900||US $7,900|
|From Server to||US $600||US $1,700||US $3,700||US $7,700|
|From Team to||US $1,100||US $3,200||US $7,300|
|From Workgroup to||US $2,200||US $6,200|
|From Enterprise to||US $4,200|
4. How do I request a quote?
Requesting an obligation-free quote is easy! You will just need to submit your request through our Quote & Order Form. In the final step check "Get a Quote" and click submit. Only quotes submitted though our online form are considered valid, screen prints of the shopping cart is not the same as a quote.
5. How do you define a Clover User?
Licensing fees are quoted per total number of 'Clover machines'. A Clover machine is defined as a single physical computer or virtual appliance that Clover is used on to instrument source code or generate coverage reports, including interactive reports via the GUI or plugins.
6. How is Clover licensed?
A Clover commercial/academic license entitles you to:
- Deploy a single instance of Clover in a production environment on the number of machines licensed
- Perpetual Clover use
- Software maintenance for 12 months — including all updates and online support (from Sydney, Australia and San Francisco, USA during local business hours)
Note: Full source is not available due to embedded code Atlassian cannot expose.
Licensing fees are quoted per total number of 'Clover machines'. A Clover machine is defined as a single physical computer that Clover is used on to instrument source code or generate coverage reports, including interactive reports via the GUI or plugins.
An academic license is available for qualified educational and academic institutions (learn more).
Please read the End User License Agreement (EULA) for more details.
7. What is the main difference between Desktop and Server editions?
The Desktop edition is intended for use on a developers machine, therefore it cannot export HTML/XML/PDF reports - results can be viewed in IDE only.