Atlassian Stack Licensing and Pricing
Our FAQ contains the most frequently asked questions relating to our licensing and pricing. Of course, if you would like to talk to us directly, please contact our Enterprise Sales Team.
About Atlassian Stack
Atlassian Stack end of life
- Why did you decide to end of life the Atlassian Stack license?
- I am an existing Stack customer, can I continue to use my license after July 1, 2019? What are my options?
- What happens if I have an open quote, can I still purchase the Atlassian Stack after July 1, 2019?
- Can I upgrade or downgrade tiers during the two-year renewal window?
About Atlassian Stack
1. What is the Atlassian Stack?
The Atlassian Stack is a bundled offering that combines every Atlassian Server or Data Center product, along with Premier Support, for a single easy to manage price.
On July 1, 2019, we announced the end of life our Atlassian Stack license. You can no longer purchase a new Stack license.
*For current Stack customers or customers planning on purchasing prior to July 1, 2019, please reference the questions in the Atlassian Stack end of life list.
2. What is the product tier breakdown for the Atlassian Stack?
|Jira Software Data Center||1,000||2,000||3,000||4,000||5,000||6,000||7,000||8,000||9,000||10,000|
|Confluence Data Center||1,000||2,000||3,000||4,000||5,000||6,000||7,000||8,000||9,000||10,000|
|Bitbucket Data Center||1,000||2,000||3,000||4,000||5,000||6,000||7,000||8,000||9,000||10,000|
|Jira Service Desk Data Center (agents)||50||100||250||250||250||250||250||250||250||250|
|Crowd Data Center||1,000||2,000||3,000||4,000||5,000||6,000||7,000||8,000||9,000||10,000|
|Portfolio for JIRA||2,000||2,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000|
|Questions for Confluence||2,000||2,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000|
|Team Calendars for Confluence||2,000||2,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000||10,000|
3. What does the Atlassian Stack cost?
The Atlassian Stack is an annual term license. Your Atlassian Stack licenses do expire at the end of your annual term and are not perpetual like our Server licenses.
Atlassian Stack Pricing:
|Users||Commercial Annual Price*||Academic Annual Price*|
* All prices USD
To continue using the Atlassian Stack after the original annual term, it is necessary to renew your Atlassian Stack term license. The renewal cost is the same as a new license purchase for the user tier you require; see table above for the user tier pricing.
Academic pricing is calculated as 50% of the cost of products excluding Premier Support, which is full price at $35,000.
4. What is Data Center?
Data Center is a self-managed deployment option that provides high availability, performance at scale and disaster recovery for your mission-critical Atlassian applications.
5. What is Premier Support?
Atlassian Premier Support is an extension to our standard support that helps you and your implementation teams get the most out of Atlassian’s products with limited interruptions. The team is your dedicated resource to get you back up and running with your mission-critical Atlassian applications.
To see how this compares to our standard support offering please see our Premier Support page.
Atlassian Stack end of life
1. Why did you decide to end of life the Atlassian Stack license?
We launched the Atlassian Stack offering to help our customers standardize on our Atlassian products. We consistently evaluate our offerings to ensure they are meeting your needs, and have found that many of you prefer to standardize on the Atlassian suite in other ways.
Therefore, we have decided to discontinue the Atlassian Stack offering. Beginning July 1, 2019, you will no longer be able to purchase a new Atlassian Stack license.
2. I am an existing Stack customer, can I continue to use my license after July 1, 2019? What are my options?
Yes, you can continue using Stack as you do today until your next renewal date.
- At your next renewal, you will have the option to renew your license up to an additional two years. After the two-year renewal ends, you will need to purchase individual Atlassian Server and/or Data Center licenses for the products you wish to continue running.
- If you choose not to renew your Stack license at the next renewal, you will need to purchase individual Atlassian Server and/or Data Center licenses for the products you wish to continue running
3. What happens if I have an open quote, can I still purchase the Atlassian Stack after July 1, 2019?
We will honor any open quotes created before July 1, 2019, regardless of their expiration date.
4. Can I upgrade or downgrade tiers during the two-year renewal window?
Yes, you can upgrade or downgrade to a different user tier during the two-year window. Any upgrade or downgrade will co-term to the current 2 year period, it will not extend the expiry date, and will need to be prorated to the expiry date.