Introducing Support for Japanese yen
Atlassian will begin accepting payments in Japanese yen for customers located in Japan on August 1, 2019. Japan is the third largest economy in the world and Atlassian is investing to improve the localized experience for Customers. This will be the first true local currency pricing launch by Atlassian, and will set the stage for how we will introduce additional currencies in the future.
This FAQ contains the most frequently asked questions relating to Atlassian's pricing and support for Japanese yen.
- Who is affected by this change?
- Why are you changing the currency policy?
- Are all Atlassian products and purchases available in Japanese yen?
- Do I have to pay for the other products in USD?
- How can I confirm my country?
- When does this change take effect?
- I am a customer in Japan. Can I still pay in USD?
1. Who is affected by this change?
Customers in Japan who bought or will buy products directly from Atlassian will be affected. If you set your country of the primary technical contact as Japan, you will be billed in Japanese yen.
2. Why are you changing the currency policy?
Based on frequent customer feedback, we are now offering Yen pricing to Japanese customers to improve customer purchasing experience. By providing prices in Japanese Yen, customers will avoid exchange rate fees and currency fluctuation, as well as any wire transfer fees related to purchasing our products internationally.
3. Are all Atlassian products and purchases available in Japanese yen?
The following products are in-scope of Japanese yen:
- Jira Software - Cloud/Server/Data Center
- Jira Core - Cloud/Server
- Confluence - Cloud/Server/Data Center
- Jira Service Desk - Cloud/Server/Data Center
- Bamboo - Server
- Crowd - Server/Data Center
- Bitbucket - Server/Data Center
- Marketplace Apps (ex. Atlassian apps and 3rd party apps)
- Crucible - Server
- Fisheye - Server
- Atlassian Access - Cloud
- Priority and Premier Support
- TAM (Technical Account Manager)
4. Do I have to pay for the other products in USD?
The following products are out of scope for Japanese yen. You need to purchase these products in USD.
- Bitbucket Cloud
- Products related to Trello
- Products related to Statuspage
- Products related to OpsGenie
- Jira Align
5. How can I confirm my country?
Your Billing information can be verified by logging into your My.Atlassian account and clicking Billing Details at the top of the page.
6. When does this change take effect?
For the existing cloud monthly customers, we will start billing in Japanese Yen on and after 1st Aug. For the cloud monthly customers who start evaluation and enter billing information before 1st Aug, we will bill in USD for the first payment.
For the rest of customers, we will start issuing quotes in Japanese Yen on and after 1st Aug. If you have open quotes on 1st Aug, they will be honored.
7. I am a customer in Japan. Can I still pay in USD?
No. The currency will depend on the Country of the Technical Contact's billing address.
1. I'm a customer in Japan. How can I request a quote in JPY?
We won’t issue any quote in Japanese yen before August 1st, 2019. As of August 1st, 2019, you will be able to get quotes in Japanese yen via your cloud site, from the shopping cart, or from our Customer Advocate team. Any open quotes in USD as of August 1st, 2019 will be honored.
2. Will existing USD quotes be honored?
Any open quotes in USD as of August 1st, 2019 will be honored. All quotes generated on or after August 1st, 2019 will be in Japanese yen for customers located in Japan.
3. Can I change the language on my quote or invoice?
Yes, but you cannot change it by yourself. If you want to change language into the other, please contact us. We can issue quote/invoice in English or Japanese.
1. How do you apply the exchange rate?
Atlassian applies an exchange rate that allows us to maintain stable prices while absorbing currency fluctuations.
2. How often do you change JPY pricing?
We try to avoid changing pricing due to fluctuations of the exchange rate. As long as the exchange rate is stable in our threshold range, we won’t change the price suffered from the fluctuation.
3. Do you have plans to support any other currencies?
We offer only US dollar, Japanese yen and partially Australian dollar (only for customers located in Australia) for now. At the current time, there is no definite time table of when we will offer other currencies.
Payments & Refunds
1. Will the same payment methods currently available in USD be available for Yen?
Yes. Credit card, Bank Transfer, and PayPal are all supported for Japanese yen.
2. I will pay in JPY by wire transfer. Is the bank account different from the one in USD?
Yes. The bank account for JPY is different from the one for USD. Please refer your quote/invoice.
4. Complete product pricing
Follow the links below to find complete product pricing.
Prices shown are for new purchases. Renewal prices will be 50% of the new prices. Please contact us regarding upgrades and products not listed below.
- Jira Software Server Pricing
- Jira Core Server Pricing
- Jira Service Desk Server Pricing
- Portfolio for Jira Server Pricing
- Confluence Server Pricing
- Questions for Confluence Server Pricing
- Team Calendars for Confluence Server Pricing
- Bitbucket Server Pricing
- Bamboo Pricing
- Fisheye Pricing
- Crucible Pricing
- Crowd Pricing
Follow the links below to find complete product pricing.
Prices are for annual subscriptions. Please contact us regarding upgrades and products not listed below.
Please contact us regarding products not listed below.
- Jira Software Cloud Standard Pricing
- Jira Software Cloud Premium Pricing
- Jira Core Cloud Pricing
- Confluence Cloud Standard Pricing
- Confluence Cloud Premium Pricing
- Jira Service Desk Cloud Pricing
- Portfolio for Jira Cloud Pricing
- Questions for Confluence Cloud Pricing
- Team Calendars for Confluence Cloud Pricing
- Atlassian Access Pricing (Monthly)
- Atlassian Access Pricing (Annual)