Senior Quality EngineerApply for this job
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team.
We, Quality Engineers, in Atlassian's Team Enterprise DC provide quality assistance, define and improve processes, identify and mitigate risks, and implement tooling and automation solutions for multiple teams. Instead of performing manual tests and writing automated tests, we look at the bigger picture and find the best solutions to improve the quality of our products while helping improve development speed.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you'll report directly to a Quality Engineering Manager. You will be embedded in a development team to help deliver features in Atlassian's Enterprise offerings. You'll lead the efforts in assessing and mitigating risks, solving quality challenges and implementing changes to improve engineering efficiency with the backing of data. You will also coach developers on quality assurance, and improve processes across the wider Enterprise DC team together with the other QEs.
The following are the main responsibilities of the QE:
- Use data to identify where product improvements should be prioritised
- Lead process creation or improvement in the team
- Advise the team on the best approaches to product development
- Work with Engineering to assess the level of risk in the product roadmap and upcoming work
- Coach the team on ownership and maintenance of their CI
- Coach more junior QE peers
- Implement solutions that allow the team to work faster
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
- Assess test automation suites to find opportunities for improvement in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promote better tooling and approaches to drive high-quality product and engineering practices.
- Provide support in aspects of product quality such as serviceability, recoverability, performance, security, disaster recovery, internationalisation and accessibility.
To achieve the above, you would have been working in the QA domain for at least 5 years. You would have most of the following experience:
- QA support for end-to-end product or feature development (includes contributing to the acceptance criteria, assessing and flagging risks)
- Different forms of testing (unit, integration, acceptance, exploratory)
- Define QA processes for a project team
- Define quality goals in a project or team and measuring these
- Design simple solutions (process improvement, test frameworks, tooling)
- Lead projects with a group of people
- Coach others on quality assurance and testing
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.