Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, HalpApply for this job
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Halp is looking for a talented Full Stack Software Engineer with a knack for solving problems and a passion for helping team members and customers. Our product and engineering team builds software that helps technical operations teams dramatically reduce ticket resolution time, increase user satisfaction, and amplify productivity. Every engineer at Halp touches all parts of our product lifecycle and has input into developing the future of our SaaS product suite.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will play an essential role in evolving Halp, making a large impact on our rapidly growing product. We seek out action-oriented individuals that aren’t afraid to voice their opinion and value healthy debate as much as collaboration.
You will contribute to the core of Halp, surfacing intuitive experiences inside Slack and our web product to create and triage tickets that impact more than 100,000 employees at future-thinking companies like Slack, Pinterest, and GitHub.
As a product-driven company, our engineering team’s main goal is continuously building empathy with our customers’ core problems to better execute against our product strategy. You’ll own projects end-to-end and will architect, code, test, and ship web technology. You’ll also be involved in brainstorming, designing, and prototyping evolutions of the Halp product suite.
What You’ll Do:
- Own code all the way through to production and verify it’s solving the right problem for the customer.
- Ship well-tested, secure, reliable, and maintainable code within committed timelines that delights product users.
- Be a great agile team member. Ship fast, small increments to iterate quickly towards building working software that solves real problems.
- React to how our product is used in the wild, and help to fix bugs and production issues as they occur.
- Understand the reasoning behind key product and design decisions and contribute good solutions to implementation and architecture discussions.
- Support fellow engineers through peer code reviews and constructive discussions that concern architecture, data model, and feature implementation decisions.
- Take initiative to drive new projects, reduce complexity, and unblock others.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to influence product strategy and direction.
- Lead key initiatives to improve a product that our customers seriously love. Seriously. See what Josh Senick, Senior Manager, Business Technology Operations, Slack, had to say about Halp: “The second I saw it, I said where do I sign? How do we get this, because this is exactly what I want to do. This is the tool I’ve been wanting since my first day at Slack."
Who You Are:
- A results-oriented engineer who is comfortable with higher levels of ambiguity
- A proactive communicator with great follow-through
- Excited about learning from your coworkers and collaborating with people with diverse perspectives
- Willing to voice your opinion but okay with not always being right
- Trend towards focusing on the customer problem and treating technology as a means to an end
- At least 5 years of experience in an engineering role at a software company
- An extensive background in front-end engineering and API design and implementation
- Able to technically lead a product initiative from design to production
- Able to guide scaling a platform across distributed services
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with help desk or ticketing platforms
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.