Senior Instructional Designer (Remote)Apply for this job
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian University is seeking a Sr. Instructional Designer to build highly technical ILT content for our rapidly growing customer base. Examples of customer-facing learning solutions include instructor-led training for technical products, hands-on lab exercises, self-paced eLearning (video, infographics, interactive content), simulations, training webinars, or a new creative solution brainstormed by you.
In this Role, You’ll Get to:
- Define, design, develop, update, and maintain training courses for administrators and end-users of Jira, Jira Service Management, Jira Align, and other products
- Establish strong working relationships with SMEs and Partners to collaborate on content outlines, content creation and other work
- Create learning experiences in different formats, including Instructor-Led Training (virtual and in-person), self-paced training, workshops, or webinars
- Craft meaningful course interactions to increase retention or provide opportunities to apply new skills (including but not limited to knowledge checks, exercises, scripts, storyboards)
- Build effective assessments to ensure learners have been adequately prepared to use Atlassian tools in their day-to-day roles
- Review and design content to support credentialing initiatives
- Use feedback and course evaluation data to improve training content and efficiency
On Your First Day We’ll Expect You to Have:
- 6 to 8 years of experience designing and developing Instructor-led-training (ILT) for cloud software products
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, computer science, information science, or equivalent work experience in high-tech, SaaS experience preferred. Knowledge of Atlassian products is a plus!
- Experience in the use of Instructional Design models (ADDIE/other) and Adult Learning principles
- Experience crafting engaging, effective, modern learning content that supports and improves customer adoption of products
- Experience in writing audio scripts for on-demand versions of the ILT course
- Experience in managing simultaneous ILT projects from inception to completion
- Excellent attention to detail that results in high-quality work the first time
- Ability to concisely communicate abstract or technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to identify the best learning delivery formats for a specific set of learning goals
- Experience with lab (Sandbox) environment for ILT courses
- Skilled at using project plans and storyboards to scope and plan work
- Superb communication skills and interpersonal skills to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Nice to have: Experience with Camtasia
More about You
This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about converting learning objectives into ILT training materials that engage, encourage, and empower the learner. Has experience creating ILT software training for customers, that helps people quickly learn how to use their new software solutions. Is skilled at producing easy-to-consume learning experiences using cutting-edge technology and sound instructional design principles. And has a keen understanding of effective and agile content development methods.
More about Our Team
You will join our Atlassian University team at a really exciting time! Atlassian is growing rapidly year over year, and we want to scale intelligently while helping our customers unlock value from our products faster. This is an opportunity to play a major role in achieving that goal. We are a small but mighty team of top-tier professionals with diverse skills and work backgrounds. Our team is open, encouraging, focused, located around the globe, and is all about providing outstanding training solutions to our customers!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.