G'Day Austin: Atlassian Opening Second North American Office to Support Massive Global Recruiting Initiative
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., February 18, 2014
Atlassian is launching a massive recruiting effort to grow its workforce by approximately 30 percent worldwide by June 30, 2014. The new hires will strengthen a range of disciplines including engineering, marketing, operations, support and more. With offices in Sydney, San Francisco, Amsterdam, Manila and Tokyo, as well as development centers in Vietnam and Poland, Atlassian is opening a second North American office in Austin, Texas later this spring to support its growth. Most of the growth will be concentrated in Sydney and North America, with more than 85 new hires in each of those two regions alone by June 30, 2014.
"Scaling our high-energy culture where talented people can truly do amazing work is our biggest priority for 2014," said Jeff Diana, Atlassian's chief people officer. "We've got an innovative business model where our best-of-breed software products sell themselves, but it only works because the Atlassians who build these products are some of the best and the brightest in the world. We're focused on finding like-minded passionate folks who want to help shape the future of software development. We've got a culture where the founders are checking in code - even though we told them to stop!"
Austin's Funky Culture and Tech Scene Make it an Ideal Location
Atlassian currently has more than 800 full-time staff helping teams at more than 33,000 companies around the world build better software, faster. Atlassian selected Austin to scale its operations because of the city's thriving tech scene and unique, funky culture. Opening in early April, the new office will be located in Austin's central business district.
"Austin is a rapidly growing hub for high tech startups and established tech companies, and not surprisingly, a hub for top tech talent," said Jay Simons, Atlassian's president. "It has an innovative, entrepreneurial vibe with a laid back, inclusive culture, making it an ideal location for us. Not only will our employees love living in such a great city, but they'll have a unique opportunity to bring our great values to life and grow their careers."
Want to be Part of Something Big and Build Stuff that Matters? Atlassian is Waiting for You
Atlassian offers a number of distinctive benefits not typically found in private companies, including:
Interested graduates or students finishing a degree in computer science or software engineering are encouraged to apply here for upcoming graduate and intern programs. All other candidates can visit Atlassian's careers page to learn more and apply for other openings. Follow Atlassian on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for more updates.
Atlassian products help innovators everywhere plan, build and launch great software. More than 33,000 large and small organizations – including Citigroup, eBay, Coca-Cola, Netflix and United Airlines – use Atlassian’s issue tracking, collaboration and software-development products to work smarter and deliver quality results on time. Learn more at http://atlassian.com.
- Five days of paid Foundation leave: Through the Atlassian Foundation, the company's philanthropic arm, employees receive five days of paid time off per year to volunteer for the causes they're passionate about. Learn more here:https://www.atlassian.com/company/about/foundation
- ShipIt Days: Quarterly innovation events that encourage employees to step out of their day-to-day mindset, think creatively about anything that relates to their business and then deliver a solution within 24 hours. Many of these projects turn into features that have shipped in the company's products
- '20% time' for pet projects: Employees given 20 percent of their time to work on personal projects related to work
- 401(k) matching (for US employees)
- Pre-employment vacation packages and paid vacation after five years
- Additional benefits including referral bonuses, internal 'Kudos' rewards programs and more