Atlassian Posts Another Banner Year With 44% Revenue Growth
Enterprise Software Iconoclast Continues 10-Year Profitability Streak with Innovative Internet-based Sales Model
Atlassian Summit 2014, San Jose, Calif., September 10, 2014 – Atlassian, a leading provider of collaboration software for teams, today announced another strong year with total revenue for its fiscal year ending June 30, 2014 at USD$215 million – a 44 percent increase over the previous year of USD$149 million. This week at the Atlassian Summit user conference, Atlassian is hosting more than 2,100 attendees for more than 130 educational sessions helping teams improve how they collaborate, build software, and support their customers.
“Our mission is to help teams in every company do the best work of their lives and achieve incredible results. With nearly 40,000 active companies relying on Atlassian to boost team productivity, we're making incredible progress," said Atlassian co-CEO and co-Founder Scott Farquhar. “Atlassian's combination of work and project management, content collaboration and real-time communications is the key to unlocking the potential for teams to have an extraordinary impact on their products, services, companies and industries. We're honored to help teams at companies as diverse as Tesla to Tesco work better together."
FY14 Business Highlights
- Increased annual revenue to USD$215 million, a 44 percent increase over the previous year of USD$149 million.
- Added more than 9,000 net new customers.
- Generated more than USD$30 million in gross transactions from the Atlassian Marketplace, an app store for add-ons and extensions created by Atlassian's partner ecosystem. The Atlassian Marketplace now includes add-ons and extensions from 148 vendors offering more than 900 free add-ons, and over 550 paid add-ons.
- Opened new offices in Manila, Philippines and Austin, Texas, bringing worldwide offices to seven.
- Added more than 300 new Atlassian staff bringing the total worldwide to nearly 1,000.
- The Atlassian Foundation continued donations to the non-profit Room to Read for a cumulative of USD$3.7 million to date, improving the lives of more than 170,000 children. Atlassian employees also donated more than 1,600 hours of time to charity last year.
This Week's Product Release Highlights
- Stash Data Center Beta: Atlassian today announced the only collaborative Git solution that supports massive scale. With built-in clustering for high availability, performance at scale and fine-grained permissions, Stash Data Center is the ideal solution for enterprises looking to unlock collaborative workflows for their growing software teams.
- JIRA Service Desk 2.0: This major release features an improved user experience, new self-service focus, better knowledge base utilization, and advanced service level agreement (SLA) monitoring and management. Atlassian also introduced new agent-based pricing for JIRA Service Desk that allows customers to deploy service desks more affordably to many different parts of their businesses.
- HipChat for iOS8: Atlassian’s group chat and real-time communication software for businesses has been updated for Apple’s new mobile operating system, iOS8. The update features simpler notifications, iOS native sharing and chat rooms, file sharing, and searchable chat history.
Atlassian unlocks the potential in every team. Our products help teams collaborate, build software and serve their customers better. Nearly 40,000 large and small organizations – including Citigroup, eBay, Coca-Cola, Netflix and NASA – use Atlassian’s tracking, collaboration, communication, service management and development products to work smarter and deliver quality results on time. Learn about products including JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, Bitbucket and Stash at http://atlassian.com.