Android Engineer, Trello (Remote - U.S.)
New York, United States • Engineering • Full TimeApply for this job
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Over 50 million people use Trello for a million different things — from running their book club to managing their sales pipeline and much more. We’re looking for a developer to help us make Trello a better, mobile-first experience. Mobile-first for us is much more than a buzzword — we’re rethinking core things about Trello and what it should be on mobile. We’ve taken on big problems, like seamless offline support, so if you get excited by seemingly impossible problems, we should talk!
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with product managers, designers, testers, and developers to refine and ship features to Trello users.
- Understand performance, scalability, and software development best practices, and implement them in the code you write.
- Contribute to a highly popular and well-rated Android application.
More about you:
- You’ve been developing software for 2+ years, with at least one year working with Android.
- You have a passion for mobile and you've worked on Android apps that are in the Play Store.
- You’re a self-starter and effortless communicator who cares more about solving problems than being right.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and are able to back up and express your opinions to a diverse group of people.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- You have an eye for design and user experience. You love delighting users with details.
More about us:
- We’re a distributed team of Android developers looking for a team player who is eager to learn.
- We have a codebase with tech that excites developers: 92% Kotlin. Coroutines. minSdkVersion 22.
- We value group discussion and consensus for technical decisions.
- We care deeply about creating a high-quality product. We don’t just get stuff done, we get it done well.
- We hire creative people and give them the autonomy to do great work. We're strongly against separations of responsibility and throwing work "over the wall."
- We built Trello to be a remarkably great place to work.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.