Manage your business’ data privacy with Atlassian
Helping you manage your company data
Our data management tools and processes are designed to help you meet privacy obligations. We’ve highlighted a few of these below.
Customers can choose to start managing company data by creating organization-level privacy settings:
- Atlassian organizations give you a high-level view into all users who can access your content and all products with that content. You will identify an organization admin who can manage the Atlassian accounts of your employees and the products that belong to your organization.
- Atlassian Access enables visibility and security across all Atlassian accounts and products at your company, and helps centralize management of your users and enforce security policies.
Where your data is located
Data hosting location determinations are based on reducing latency and achieving optimal performance for you and your users. We optimize where to host customer data based on how it is accessed around the world (rather than upon request). More details about default settings can be found here.
Though we don't guarantee that your data will be hosted in a specific location by default, if you’re an organization admin with a new Standard or Premium subscription, or Enterprise products (Jira or Confluence) you can now pin in-scope product content at rest to a location. Planned expansions to our data residency program (including data residency for apps and additional locations), are highlighted in Atlassian’s cloud roadmap.
Have an opinion about our cloud roadmap? Give us your two cents by creating feature suggestions (or voting, watching, and commenting on existing suggestions), in Atlassian’s public issue tracker.
How we store your data
Due to the highly configurable nature of our products, how we store your data may depend on specifics of your implementation - see here for more information.
Atlassian provides you and your customers the ability to export Cloud product and user data. For more information on Atlassian Cloud data export, see our import and export documentation.
Managing individual privacy rights
Profile and User Management
Our Cloud products make it easy to manage, restrict, delete, or access user personal data. Users' Atlassian accounts with email addresses from your verified domain become managed accounts. Managed users are managed by you (and your Atlassian Organization Admin), not Atlassian, and give you the most security and access control over your company’s use of Atlassian products.
Manage user profiles in settings:
- Admin controls for user profiles (including account changes and deletions)
- User-configured profile visibility settings tailored to managed users
Respond to deletion requests of all kinds:
- Atlassian Organization Admins can facilitate the account deletion of their managed users from controls in their admin portal
- Unmanaged end users may also request that their personal data be deleted by initiating an account deletion request from their Atlassian account profile page
- People who have provided their personal data or had their personal data provided to Atlassian, but do not have Atlassian accounts, may also initiate a request for deletion
Provide end users access to information:
- Atlassian Organization Admins can facilitate access of their managed users' data from Atlassian support
- Unmanaged end users may also request that their personal data be accessed by initiating a data access request
- People who have provided their personal data or had their personal data provided to Atlassian, but do not have Atlassian accounts, may also initiate a request for access
Both deletion and access requests can be serviced via telephone by leaving a message at 1 (800) 804-5281.
Did you know? Atlassian has prepared user-facing information about how to initiate a data access or deletion request here.
Choice and consent
For more information around end user data rights, see Manage your personal data privacy.
Removing your data
We give you the option to completely remove your data from our services, so you can rest assured that your company data is in your control.