Junior Java Engineer (Gdańsk or Remote)
Gdansk, Poland • Engineering • Full TimeApply for this job
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
We are looking for a developer who is passionate to tackle difficult problems and find new better solutions for the software, able to openly share their ideas, enjoys learning new technologies and technics and is willing to contribute to the software used by millions of people!
- Have knowledge of writing robust and reliable systems
- Believe you can chip in to solving problems of thousands of customers and millions of users
- Can ensure the high bar of performance, quality and security while product development
- Enjoy discussing innovative ideas and code with your peers, extraordinary product solutions, and passing on your knowledge to others
What will you do:
- Engage with other developers, UX/UI designers, product managers, and performance engineers
- Join a newly created pillar focused on improving user experience in cross-deployments world
- Be able to design infrastructure solutions for scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software maintainability, and operational excellence
- Drive innovation by coming up with new ideas for our products and processes and participate in innovations driven by other developers
- Grow in proficiency and help to grow other developers. Act as a mentor and lead by example to help build an awesome team.
What we expect from you:
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Java (However, if you're a strong developer with experience in building products, have used other O-O languages and have exposure to Java, we'd still like to hear from you)
- Good architectural understanding of web applications
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Experience in performing manual and automated testing
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proficient English (both spoken and written)
- Knowledge of open-source libraries, tools, and frameworks, e.g. for logging, wiring, testing and building. The more the merrier!
- Passion for the latest trends in application design
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like XP and Scrum
- Interest in learning more about new languages and frameworks
- Relaxed yet hardworking demeanour
- Min. 1 year in a professional development role
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.