Senior Cloud Support Engineer [Japanese support]Apply for this job
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We're looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our team with the goal of making our customers awesome. You will join a growing team of specialists improving our support capabilities, capacity, and quality for our customers in Japan.
In this role you will:
You will be key to providing a consistent quality experience, bringing new and improved support methodologies to Atlassian, building a wide and loyal customer base to the Atlassian products and brand. You will perform triage, root cause analysis, debugging, and solving across one-to-many Atlassian products. As part of the team, you will receive on-boarding training to make you a specialist in one or more of our products, system technologies, and network technologies.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in technical support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community;
- 2+ years of experience supporting Enterprise customers;
- Strong database skills, with the expertise to write and update SQL queries with ease;
- Deep understanding of SSO, SAML, LDAP, Active Directory, SSL, etc;
- Fluent in Japanese for both writing and speaking;
- Experience with APIs and REST calls;
- Experience in understanding and supporting Java apps;
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP;
- An understanding of Network terminologies, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, OSI, NAT, DHCP, DNS, TLS/SSL, Routing Protocols;
- Experience with Splunk and/or Sentry is nice to have!
- Experience with Atlassian products is nice to have;
- Proven ability de-escalating difficult situations with customers, while multi-tasking between tickets and mentoring your team
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other support engineers to grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, able to support customers over email, phone, and screen-shares
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with a wide variety of people, from junior engineers to senior executives
- Strong time management skills, able to balance multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency
- The ability to effectively communicate as the internal expert with customers at an executive level on in-depth technical details, progress, and next steps.
More about our team:
The Support team is growing by leaps and bounds to keep up with the rapid pace of Atlassian customers (this is a good problem to have). With this increase, stellar customer service and satisfaction remains our number one goal, and supporting that in all ways possible. We continually work on projects and collaborate within our group to streamline processes and make it easier for users to have a great support experience with Atlassian. Our team works hard and pitches in when issues arise, but we never forget to have fun and celebrate our successes. Even when difficult problems arise (of course they always do in Support), we're pretty sure you’ll be excited about coming to Atlassian every day to do this job and to work on this team.
To learn more about working with the Support Team at Atlassian, check out our Support Team page!
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.