Senior Ambassador Engagement Manager, CommunityApply for this job
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
For over a decade, Atlassian customers have come together to network, share technical expertise, solve problems, and find new ways to use Atlassian products in person and online. Our community mission is to empower all Atlassian users and turn the champions of our community into force-multipliers who inspire each other at scale.
As a Senior Ambassador Program Manager, you'll help build and scale the global roadmap for Atlassian's on- and offline loyalty programs, with a direct focus in the Americas. You’ll work primarily with Atlassian Community Leaders, who are the top contributors in our community, as well as the platforms that support their engagement and contributions. You’ll recruit, onboard and support Atlassian Community Leaders and develop and run programs and initiatives to connect them with our product, our teams and each other.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Cultivate a sense of trust, care, well-being, inclusiveness, and belonging in the community
- Recruit, vet, onboard & nurture volunteer Community Leaders and support the planning and execution of Community Events, in accordance with program guidelines
- Coordinate loyalty program operations initiatives across platforms and marketing channels.
- Prepare loyalty program performance reports, presentations and analyze all aspects of the loyalty program’s performance
- Synthesize multiple sources of data to provide strategic recommendations for optimizing ambassador programs and enhancing and growing customer loyalty
- Cultivate relationships and meet regularly with internal stakeholders providing community insights, updates and guidance on ways to engage with the community
- Represent the voice of our community in cross-departmental communications, sharing trends, pain points, and sentiments
- Identify sources of churn in the community and come up with creative ways to reduce churn
- Collaborate with product and operations teams to find solutions and advocate for customer needs
- Utilize client insights and translate business requirements into loyalty program rules, processes and configurations. You’ll experience innovative new frameworks, processes, and strategies for continual improvement in the quality and meaningfulness of the Atlassian Community program
More about you
- To be successful in this role, you will need to be a big-picture thinker and also able to dive deep into the details that help our Community Leaders feel seen and heard. You're extremely empathetic; you care about what customers need and want to help them achieve their goals. Also:
- 3+ years of proven experience in a customer loyalty or volunteer management role in online and/or offline communities
- Experienced in building, managing and scaling community programs, especially user-led or chapter programs
- You are able to prioritize, manage deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment; highly organized, with the ability to work with multiple teams in different countries
- You can seamlessly shift gears between different working styles and regularly learn new processes
- You're a strong communicator and have excellent writing skills
- You have experience managing and delivering on complex programs or projects and owning strategic cross-team projects
- You’re skilled at advancing and growing relationships with stakeholders/partners and driving executive interactions and alignment with stakeholders and marketing teams
- You’ve successfully introduced new ambassador programs & processes and influenced their strategy
- You're energized by building strong relationships with a diverse group of people and attending user-driven events
- You appreciate thinking outside the box, operate with a sense of urgency, and have a knack for finding unique solutions to problems
- You're comfortable working autonomously, but also thrive in a team setting
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and across different teams
And it's admired, but not required, if:
- You have experience working in Jira, Jira Service Desk and Confluence Cloud, Trello, and Salesforce (added bonus if you're familiar with Bevy and/or Khoros, Qualtrics and Tableau)
- You have experience with technical volunteer management
More about our team
You'll be working with volunteer Community Leaders in the Americas on a daily basis while also collaborating with teams across the globe. They all share a passion for connecting with others and to our tools. The Community team is committed to understanding the needs and motivations of our Leaders in order to build a program they continuously want to take part in and are proud of.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.