A practical guide to ITIL 4 in an age of agile
ITIL 4 is here—and it's more agile than ever.
To keep up with the speed of business, IT teams are transforming the way they work. Gone are the days of inflexible processes and heavy workflows. IT teams are shifting towards more collaborative, iterative, and customer-centric approaches, in order to break down silos, adapt quickly, and deliver seamless experiences. In short, ITSM is becoming more agile.
Enter ITIL 4, the latest update to the widely used ITSM framework and the beginning of a new paradigm shift for IT teams. ITIL 4 offers a more holistic and flexible frame of reference, while embracing modern ways of working like agile and DevOps.
In this guide, Atlassian and AXELOS have partnered to help jumpstart your agile journey. You'll learn eight practices typically used by high-velocity IT teams, and tips from the Atlassian Team Playbook to bring more agility and collaboration into ITSM:
- Continual improvement with retrospectives
- Agile project management to speed up project delivery
- Knowledge management to empower team culture
- Customer-centric service desk and request management
- Adaptive incident management
- Streamlined change control through automation and collaboration
- Continuous delivery for deployment management
- Integrated software development and operations teams
What's new in ITIL 4—and what it means for you
How to build high-velocity service teams through performance, culture, and practices
The top 8 practices typically used by the best performing IT teams
Tips and resources to bring agility and collaboration into ITSM