Making the Most of Shadow IT
Shadow IT – tech used in an organization that is not administered by that organization’s IT department – accounts for the majority of the cloud tech at most companies. And though it can pose a threat to security, shadow IT is often the primary driver of innovation and productivity gains. As teams around the globe reckon with the reality of a suddenly remote workforce, a clear-eyed strategy for shadow IT has become a necessity for every enterprise.
Shadow IT is a fact of life, a force you couldn’t simply banish with a security policy. And now that all work has moved to the home office, shadow IT has grown even more prevalent across every company. The task for enterprises now is to balance their approach to managing this shift in the way technology is used for work.
In this webinar, we’ll hear from Atlassian’s Jenna Cline, Head of IT Strategy and Planning, and Sean Baughman, Head of IT Business Platform. They’ll take us through the frameworks that Atlassian’s IT team uses to keep the visibility they need and maintain security while letting other departments control their own tools.
We will cover:
- What shadow IT is, and where it comes from
- Why shadow IT is important, and the risks and benefits it presents to enterprises
- How to strike the right balance between rules and culture, and between security and flexibility.
- How Atlassian IT draws the line between shadow IT and centralized IT
- A framework from which to build your own shadow IT policy.
- The future of shadow IT