Perform an advanced search
You can perform an advanced search within a project by navigating to Issues in the sidebar. (If you are in a team-managed project and you do not see Issues in the sidebar, navigate to Project Settings > Features > Issue Navigator to enable this feature).
You can perform an advanced search across all projects:
- In the top navigation bar, select Filters dropdown.
- Select Advanced issue search. (shortcut g + i)
- Use quick filters for basic search or Switch to JQL for advanced search.
- (Optional) Switch between list and detail view by clicking the Change Views button on the top right of the screen (shortcut t). List view allows you to scan a large number of issues and customize the number of columns displayed.
- (Optional) Save the filter for future use by clicking Save as above the search results.
Visualize JQL searches on a dashboard
You can create custom widgets based on JQL searches and display them on your dashboard, making it easier to track and monitor your work across projects.
- Navigate to Issues in the sidebar.
- Write a JQL query.
- Select the Export issues dropdown.
- Choose Create Dashboard Gadget.
- Select Filter Results (or another visualization option).
- Select Save to Dashboard to add the Gadget (it will default to your personal dashboard).