Today, we embark on the final 12 months of Atlassian server support. Since the announcement two years ago, we’ve been laser-focused on building a world-class cloud platform and making sure our customers benefit from everything it has to offer. To help you accelerate your transformation with as seamless of a journey as possible, we’re prioritizing efforts to remove any remaining blockers that prevent cloud from meeting your needs, improving the experience of our migration tooling, and publishing more guidance and best practices to navigate the way.
With the end of server support around the corner, there’s never been a better time to jumpstart your journey. Cloud migrations can take longer than you think (nine months on average from the assessment phase through the launch phase), so we recommend choosing your migration plan well before the end of the support date on February 15, 2024. This way, you can avoid the risks and associated costs of security threats.
After the end of support date, Atlassian and Marketplace partners will no longer provide technical support for any issues, security updates, or bug fixes for all vulnerabilities. We don’t want you to be in a position where you’re unsupported – as you know, regular security updates help protect your business from threats and vulnerabilities. Without security updates, you run an outsized risk of exposing your users and data to harmful viruses, spyware, and malicious attacks. You may also find that you’re no longer able to satisfy compliance requirements.
Why move to cloud?
Cloud delivers enhanced security, accelerated innovation, is easier to manage, more cost-effective, and more remote-friendly. We haven’t been shy about our focus as a cloud-first company. And we’ll continue to innovate with market-leading solutions that connect software, IT, and business teams across a shared cloud platform.
For a limited time, we’re offering free 12-month cloud migration trials for Jira Software, Jira Service Management, and Confluence so that you can explore cloud at your own pace and assess whether it’s a good fit for your business. Cloud migration trials are uniquely designed for our server and Data Center customers, giving you an extended amount of time to explore features in a sandbox environment and use it as a test environment to migrate users and data. When you’re ready to run your production migration, you can convert your trial to your new Cloud site.
More and more customers have made the move to cloud and are reaping the benefits:
Accelerate team productivity
From a user’s perspective, the migration was seamless and uneventful. They signed in, and everything was the same but better.Ginkgo Bioworks
Reduce total cost of ownership
By migrating to Atlassian cloud, we moved away from being pure support to focusing on process enablement and adding value back to the business.Sophos
Save with cloud
Get peace of mind
With automatic updates, we always know the system is up to date. We don’t have to worry about security and vulnerabilities or spend resources on them. The peace of mind is a big deal.EMC Insurance
Check it out
Visit the Atlassian Trust Center to find everything you need to know about cloud security and compliance.
How to get started
We know migrating to cloud can feel like a big undertaking, but we’re here to set you up for success and make it as smooth as possible. The Atlassian Migration Program (AMP) is chock-full of everything you need to help you start your move to cloud and guide you along the way.
- Start your app assessment – We recommend starting by assessing your third-party apps and checking if they’re available in cloud.
- Enlist help early – Atlassian is here to help provide guidance and best practices along the way. And if you’re looking for additional expertise and hands-on support, get in touch with a Solution Partner from our network. You can also join our AMP Community Group to get advice from peers and experts.
- Start building your business case – Use our migration savings calculator and tool kit to build your business case, and asses your eligibility for limited-time promotions to save on costs. For a limited time, we’re offering a free 12-month cloud migration trial to explore cloud and test your migration. When you’re ready to migrate, we recommend exploring eligibility for step-up credits to avoid losing the value of your unused server maintenance. And for the additional complexity enterprise organizations face, save on costs and avoid double paying with dual licensing and loyalty discounts. Loyalty discounts will be available until June 30th, so lock in a 20% discount in the next few remaining months before they end.
If after assessment, Cloud isn’t right for you – upgrade to Data Center
If you’ve assessed cloud and determined that it doesn’t meet your requirements yet or are looking for a quicker way to meet the February 2024 deadline to get off server, we recommend upgrading to Data Center.
Your quickest option would be upgrading to a single-node Data Center deployment – it only takes a few minutes. This way, you switch to Data Center licensing and unlock enterprise features that don’t rely on clustering, like Rate limiting, Content delivery network (CDN), Advanced auditing, Data pipeline, Issue archiving, and more. Additionally, with a flexible infrastructure option, you can choose to later move to a clustered environment for high availability.
Data Center remains a viable path on your journey to cloud, and we’ll continue to invest in meeting our self-managed customers’ most critical needs in the following areas:
- Performance and Scale
- Security and Compliance
- Infrastructure and Operations
- New product experience improvements for both admin and end users (you’ll notice new features and capabilities for closer cloud parity)
To stay up to date on the latest features in Data Center, check out our Data Center roadmap and join our Data Center community. Wondering what a Data Center upgrade looks like and what to expect? Check out the Data Center migration guide.
Want to learn more? Grab a spot in our upcoming webinar
Join Atlassian experts to get your top questions answered and learn more about your options, limited-time offers, and how to get started. We’ll walk through everything you need to know including:
- What happens when server support ends
- How cloud can help your business and teams thrive
- What’s new in cloud since the server end-of-support announcement
- Ways to start your journey with the Atlassian Migration Program
Starting your journey today gets you one step closer to the best (and last) upgrade you’ll ever need.