Jira 4 introduces countless new features including a fresh new UI, completely overhauled dashboards with OpenSocial gadgets and JQL — which is, simply put, the best way to search in an issue tracker.
Best of all, every feature of Jira 4 and GreenHopper 4 is now available to every user with new user-based licensing starting at $10 each for 10 users. No more Standard and Professional editions, every download of Jira 4 has Enterprise functionality. You can learn more about the new user-based Jira pricing here.
Back to the features, let me provide a bit more detail on the new stuff (if you are a visual learner, you can also watch the Jira 4 video below):
- Smart UI – A complete UI refresh introduces a slick new look and feel. Improved navigation with new quick create links in the header and project browser that remember what type of issue you created last. The improved issue browser also let’s you take common actions directly from the search results.
- Activity streams – View recent activity for any issue, project or user. Create custom activity streams for your Jira dashboard or subscribe to them via RSS.
- Jira Query Language – JQL is a powerful new advanced search that makes it simple for anyone to create complex (and actually useful) searches. Add these directly to gadgets for your dashboard or setup email notifications to stay up-to-date.
- New dashboards – Shareable dashboards are nothing new, but now you can drag-and-drop gadgets into a variety of flexible layout templates. Browse the gadget directory for gadgets and customise colors, settings and much more.
- OpenSocial Gadgets – Because most Atlassian products now produce OpenSocial gadgets and the new Jira dashboards are implemented as an OpenSocial container, you can combine data from Jira, Confluence, Fisheye and even popular consumer apps like Remember the Milk in one place. You can even add it to you Gmail or iGoogle page too!
Download Jira 4 right now to upgrade or get started with a free 30-day evaluation.
If you need instant gratification, you can also check out our Online Trial (also free for 30 days) or play around with our live Sandbox.
Check it out and let us know what you think!