New Support for Version Control Systems – Git & ClearCase
In addition to Subversion, CVS and Perforce, FishEye 2.2 now officially supports Git & ClearCase. Announcing support for an
old mature commercial SCM like ClearCase at the same time as a new open source one like Git, speaks volumes of FishEye’s versatility. With support for five of the most popular version control systems available FishEye can provide a common way to share code in more teams than anyone else.
Crucible has provided support for Git & ClearCase for a while through “lightSCM” plugins, but now Crucible users can benefit from faster and deeper integration through FishEye.
- Sexy new IDE like side-by-side diffs (pictured)
- Faster more accurate quick navigation
- Copy code from annotations without line numbers
- Context menu in annotations
- Patch anchoring – link patches to SCM revisions
- Reviews without moderators
- Enhanced review creation & editing
- Log time direct to JIRA
- Lots of UI tweaks
Crucible 2.2 release notes
There are of course stacks of other improvements behind the scenes, including bundling of database drivers and some new admin options. Upgrades are of course included for all customers with current maintenance (that includes anyone who has purchased in the last 12 months). So don’t delay, schedule your upgrade now!