Anyone who follows our blog posts has probably noticed that we like to do things a little differently at Atlassian, including our recruitment. About two years ago we announced the “holiday before you start” program in which we pay new employees to take a vacation before they begin working at Atlassian. Last month, we launched Hack House for Australian Graduates, and opened applications for our US summer internship program. Today, I’m excited to tell you about a new recruiting initiative we’re launching in Europe.
Next month, we’re going on the road for a fifteen-day “Recruitment Roadshow” bus tour through four European cities – London, Madrid, Berlin and Amsterdam. Beginning April 12th, a select team from our Engineering department will take Europe by storm in a swag-filled bus to hire fifteen software developers (yes, that’s 15 in 15!) and lure them back to the sunny shores of our Sydney headquarters. Ambitious? Perhaps. But Europe’s got a surplus of geeks and we’ve got a surplus of job opportunities. This may just be a match made in heaven.
Want a ride?
We’ll be spending three days driving through each city. You can be picked up at one of several locations (see below), where you’ll have the opportunity to share a beer with the Roadshow team and stock up on Atlassian and Aussie swag. We’ll bus you to a secret pub location for an evening of socializing and informal talks about life at Atlassian and employment opportunities in Sydney. Formal interviews will take place the following two days for pre-selected applicants (get your application in now if interested!).
Atlassian Recruitment Bus Schedule
- London (April 13 – 15). Pick-ups will take place at: White City, Victoria, High Holborn, and Canary Wharf.
- Amsterdam (April 17 – 19). Pick-ups will take place at: Piet Heinkade, Amsterdam Arena, and VU University.
- Berlin (April 21 – 23). Pick-ups will take place at: Adlershof Technology Park, Gesundbrunnen Bahnhof, Ostbahnhof, and Südkreuz.
- Madrid (April 26 – 28). Pick-ups will take place at: Calle de la Retame, Plaza del Alcalde Moreno Torres, and Alcobendas.
Relocating to Sydney
Australia’s Silicon Beach, with its large and thriving community of highly successful software companies, makes Atlassian’s Sydney office an ideal setting for any software developer’s career. Moreover, Atlassian has been ranked one of Australia’s ‘Best Employers’ by the Great Places to Work Institute and by Hewitt. We not only offer fully-stocked fridges and beer supplies, ample ping-pong tournaments and various employee perks, but we give our developers the time and resources they need to fulfill their coding dreams. Events like ShipIt Day, 20% time and Foundation time are just a few of the reasons why our employees love working here.
And just in case that’s not compelling enough, Atlassian is also rolling out the red carpet and minimizing the hassle of relocation to make it easier for developers to make the move. We’ll arrange work VISAs for those hired as well as their partners, cover all relocation expenses, and throw in a few additional “welcome” perks. It’s like getting a permanent all expenses paid vacation for you and your family.
- Learn more about Atlassian’s Recruitment Roadshow: http://www.atlassian.com/15in15
- Find out more about current employment opportunities: http://www.atlassian.com/jobs
- Watch us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/goAtlassian or AtlassianTV: http://www.atlassian.com/tv
- Follow us on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Atlassian
- Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/atlassian#!/AtlassianSoftware