We often see larger customers choose to take a phased approach to cloud migration. This approach involves migrating data, users, and apps in stages, rather than all at once. However, because of the longer time required to complete the migration, costs can also be greater as you need to run your self-managed and cloud products in parallel.
To help address this, we’ve introduced dual licensing for our larger migrators.
How it works
- You purchase an annual cloud subscription with 1,001 or more users.
- We extend your existing server maintenance or Data Center subscription for up to one year at a 100% discount.
- Eligibility: You have active server maintenance or a Data Center subscription AND you purchase an equivalent annual cloud subscription. To be eligible, the annual cloud subscription must be for 1,001 users or more. We will also accept expired server maintenance or Data Center subscriptions if they are no more than 30 days past their expiry date.
- Tier of the dual license granted: The 100% discounted server maintenance or Data Center subscription granted will be for the same tier as your cloud subscription. If the tier is not available on the server or Data Center side, the next highest tier will be granted.
- Validity of the dual license: Your discounted server maintenance or Data Center subscription is granted for a maximum of one year and will end when your cloud subscription ends.
- Migration completion: You should complete your migration before the end of the 100% discounted dual license. When your first-year cloud subscription ends, your cloud subscription will be renewed, but your 100% discounted server maintenance or Data Center subscription will not be.
- Availability: This promotional program is available for a limited time and is subject to change at Atlassian's discretion. We cannot provide assurance you will receive this promotional offer.
You own Jira Software Server maintenance (2,000 users) that expires on October 31, 2020, and you want to migrate to cloud in phases over a six-month period. On October 16, 2020, you purchase an annual subscription of Jira Software Cloud (2,000 users). Atlassian will grant you a 100% discounted Jira Software Server maintenance until your cloud subscription expires on October 15, 2021.
You own Jira Software Data Center (2,000 users) that expires on October 31, 2020, and you want to migrate to cloud in phases over a six-month period. On October 16, 2020, you purchase an annual subscription of Jira Software Cloud (1,800 users) at a lower user tier than your Data Center subscription. Since there is no 1,800 tier for Jira Software Data Center, a 100% discounted 2,000 user Data Center subscription will be granted.
Have questions or want to sign up? Contact us.
Frequently asked questions
The information on this page contains forward-looking statements, which involve uncertainties when providing estimated effective dates. All forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and are subject to change.