Today we’re excited to unveil a major update to the Atlassian cloud platform, improving choice and security for our customers around the world.
- New premium plans for many of our cloud products with advanced features and support
- New free plans of Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Desk, and Jira Core
- Discounted prices for academic and non-profit customers
- New tools that strengthen control, security, and trust
Atlassian products are vital to more than 150,000 customers around the globe. We’re proud to support 83 percent of the Fortune 500 – including companies like Costco, Delta Airlines, Office Depot, and Visa. Every one of our Fortune 500 customers is using at least one of our cloud products, and they’re joined each day by new companies signing up.
It’s clear that our customers see their future in the cloud. And they continue to choose Atlassian as their trusted partner. In fact, more than 90 percent of our new customers start with one of our cloud products.
Today’s updates are designed to meet them where they are and give them the capabilities they need to get work done, no matter their size, industry, or location. The changes will also improve the transition to cloud, and provide better data control and security.
It’s an exciting moment. Atlassian’s cloud journey is a long one. For more than a decade we have been providing world-class cloud software, and this major platform update reaffirms our focus on the cloud and our future strategy.
Together we are setting out to build the next phase of growth and success for the many customers who rely on Atlassian every day. For them, and for us, the future is in the cloud.
You can read more about these exciting changes below.
Broadening options & capabilities with four new cloud plans
Today we’re adding both depth and breadth of coverage by introducing four new pricing and packaging plans for Atlassian cloud products. These plans allow us to optimize for a variety of customer use cases, industries, verticals, and markets in order to better enable customers of different shapes, sizes, and regulatory environments with the pricing and capabilities they need. They include:
- Premium Launched just a couple of weeks ago, Cloud Premium is now available for Jira Software and Confluence. Jira Service Desk also is coming soon. Premium gives teams the confidence to scale reliably with advanced features, plus a 99.9 percent uptime SLA, unlimited storage, and Premium Support.
- Free We’re announcing free plans of Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Desk, and Jira Core – available in the coming months. This adds to the existing free offerings already in place for Trello, Bitbucket, and Opsgenie to give teams of all sizes, even small ones, a set of fundamental capabilities for team collaboration.
- Academic & Community Discounted cloud pricing is now available for eligible academic organizations and non-profit organizations. Academic organizations can receive 50 percent off cloud subscriptions and non-profits can receive 75 percent off. See here for more information.
Enterprise-grade cloud controls & visibility
Atlassian understands the importance of control and visibility, especially for rapidly-growing, complex, and highly-regulated customers. Staying ahead of compliance requirements determines whether or not they can deliver innovation quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
As a result, we’re announcing a number of new enterprise-grade security and data privacy upgrades. Updates include:
- Data residency for Atlassian cloud products designed for customers who want greater control over where their data is located. In order to meet customer data storage requirements when onboarding onto cloud-based services, we’ll soon be offering customers the ability to choose where in our global footprint their content will be stored.
- We recently shipped data encryption at rest and in transit to help guard against unauthorized access and ensure that data can only be accessed by authorized roles and services with audited access to the encryption keys.
- Customize product access with custom domains We’re offering customers the ability to completely customize the URL for their Jira and Confluence Cloud sites, so that it’s aligned with their brand and more familiar for their end-users. Our early access program will begin in early 2020, starting first with Jira customers.
- We’ve released the Atlassian Trust Center, which gives customers the latest security, reliability, privacy, and compliance roadmap for our products and services.
Atlassian Access: multiple new features for security & centralized administration
Launched just over a year ago, Atlassian Access is a command center that helps admins centrally govern every Atlassian cloud product used within their organization. Businesses like Conde Nast, Procter & Gamble, and Zoom are using it to unify administration and security. They find Access vital for safeguarding data, improving onboarding processes, and ensuring their end users have easy access to the tools they need to do their jobs.
With Access, we’ve been working hard to facilitate better workflows between Atlassian cloud products and the other identity and security tools that our customers already use – expanding capabilities around identity, data loss prevention, and suspicious activity detection. Additionally, we’re putting more visibility and control in the hands of admins through audit logs and analytics. Updates include:
- Connect with Google Cloud Identity and Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) Customers can now integrate their Atlassian cloud products to Microsoft ADFS for SSO and Google Cloud Identity for SSO and user provisioning.
- Advanced cloud security with CASB providers We’ll soon be joining the capabilities of Access with sophisticated security vendors – or CASB providers (Cloud Access Security Broker) – who specialize in data loss prevention, suspicious activity detection, and more. Our early access program will launch before the end of the year with partners like McAfee and Bitglass.
- Increased transparency with our audit log With our cross-product audit log, customers can simplify investigation processes, ensure accountability, and stay in compliance with company and third-party policies.
- Insight into product adoption with organization insights Soon customers will be able to better understand the adoption of Atlassian cloud products across their organization, enabling them to take action on training, enablement, and bill management. Our early access program will launch before the end of the year.
Enabling the customer cloud journey
Gartner estimates that 80 percent of companies will be collaborating in the cloud by 2023, and Atlassian customers are already well on their way. As more and more companies look to expand in the cloud, many of our self-managed, on-premise customers are eager to make the switch. Last year alone, we saw migrations from our server to our cloud products increase by 66 percent. This included companies like BP, Nordstrom, MassMutual, and 7-Eleven, who are moving thousands of users to Atlassian’s cloud.
To support our customers in their journey to the cloud, we’re announcing new programs and tools to aid their transition, including:
- The Cloud Migration Assistant These tools make customer migration frictionless for our two most popular products, Confluence and Jira. It is available now for Confluence, with Jira slated to ship later this year.
- Extended Cloud Trial Licenses To enable customers to move to the cloud at their own pace, we’re removing trial windows for our cloud products. Now Atlassian Server and Data Center customers can explore both standard and premium cloud plans, test data imports, and migrate to Atlassian cloud products over the duration of their remaining maintenance/subscription period – at no charge.
- Increased Transparency on Cloud Roadmaps We’ve done something tech companies rarely do today – we publicly released our Cloud Platform Roadmap. The roadmap aims to give customers better insight into how we can chart our futures together.
- New Channel Partner Incentives Helping customers on their cloud journey wouldn’t be possible without enabling and empowering our channel partners. From the early days of the company, Atlassian’s unique sales model has relied heavily on solution partners to play an important role in the growth and adoption of Atlassian products. That continues today, which is why we’re excited to extend our cloud-first approach to solution partners through a new incentive structure that will better educate and enable them through our cloud sales model. To find a partner near you, visit the partner directory.