The year was 2002. We had just launched Jira, Friendster was the social network of choice, and Internet Explorer had 95 percent market share.
Needless to say, a lot has changed since then. Our on-premise offerings became popular among the world’s best brands, and the way the world used technology to get work done transformed. And in order to stay competitive, we needed to adapt our products to the way enterprises were consuming technology – we needed to shift business to the cloud.
A decade ago, we released our first cloud products, and customers were able to choose the most appropriate hosting option for their needs. Our cloud platform took off, and quickly became an industry leader in cloud security, reliability, privacy, and compliance. With all the benefits and rewards that come with scalability, flexibility, and cost efficiency, it’s no surprise that today, 90 per cent of new Atlassian customers choose our cloud first.
However, we know many of our customers still haven’t made the switch, so we’re making it as easy as possible for our Server and Data Center customers to start exploring cloud before leaving their self-hosted solutions.
Extended cloud trials for Jira and Confluence
We’re excited to announce that starting today, we’re offering all Server and Data Center customers an extended cloud trial to help them explore, assess, and migrate to the cloud over time – at no cost. Extended cloud trials provide free and full access to an equivalent Jira Cloud and/or Confluence Cloud license for a minimum of 60 days, or the remaining maintenance duration of the license to be migrated – whichever is longer.
Extended cloud trials are available for Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Jira Core, and Confluence, and allow on-premise customers to try both Standard and Premium cloud plans.
The top 5 reasons customers migrate to cloud
As we continue to evolve our platform, we maintain our promise of delivering the best Atlassian experience for all teams on our cloud products. One way we do this is by researching and understanding the needs of our customers, of every size and industry. And while every organization migrates for a variety of reasons, we found these to be the top factors driving customers to make the switch:
- Increased speed Teams are able to get set up faster, and quickly scale new instances or shut down old ones in minutes.
- Improved productivity Manual upgrades on nights and weekends become a thing of the past, and teams are able to dedicate their time and resources to their customers, rather than maintaining tools.
- Reduced administrative costs Physical hardware, maintenance, and other hidden administration fees can be costly. Organizations save more money with lower infrastructure costs by moving to the cloud.
- Scale with confidence Customers can safeguard their data with built-in data security controls, disaster recovery tools, and encryption in transit and at rest.
- Future-proof teams Teams get instant access to the latest features, product improvements, and integrations with other leading cloud systems, and can access projects from anywhere, on any device, with a rich mobile experience.
Ultimately, customers are choosing cloud because it allows them to focus on their core business and mission. Cloud isn’t the future, it’s the present, and we want to make sure our self-hosted customers have a clear and seamless migration path for when they’re ready to make the switch.
How to claim your free extended cloud trial
If you’ve ever purchased a Server or Data Center license of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Jira Core, or Confluence, you’re eligible for a free extended cloud trial! To redeem and start your trial, follow the steps below:
- Log in to my.atlassian.com →
- Choose the Server or Data Center license you’re considering migrating
- Select Start my trial in the new Extended cloud trial offer section
Get stories like this in your inbox