Atlassian has been named a Leader in The Forrester WaveTM: Enterprise Service Management, Q4 2023! In addition to being named a Leader, we’re proud to share we received the highest score possible in the strategy category.
Someone much wiser than me once said, “Success is about the journey, not the destination.” So indulge me for a moment as I reflect on the journey that got us to this oh-so-sweet destination.
Three years ago, we set out on a bold path to build a better alternative to legacy service management solutions that were overpriced and stuffed full of features very few teams used. We knew there was a better way and recognized we had something special to offer in the connection only Atlassian can forge between development teams, IT operations teams, and business teams.
We’ve spent every day since then toiling over what is now Jira Service Management – a solution that nearly 50,000 companies worldwide use to deliver exceptional service experiences to those both inside and outside their organization walls.
In its evaluation of Jira Service Management, Forrester writes, “Atlassian simplifies team collaboration across the enterprise. As a newer ESM entrant, Atlassian’s differentiated vision is to offer a comprehensive and integrated suite of tools that seamlessly connect development, IT, and business teams to foster enhanced collaboration and workflow efficiency across the entire service delivery lifecycle.” It goes on to say, “With a focus on innovation, the product stands out in the market as the platform that unites knowledge workers across functional divides and provides comprehensive developer support.”
We believe this recognition from Forrester, combined with the feedback we’ve received from our users, validates we are on the right path when it comes to making waves (pun absolutely intended) in this space.
Riding this wave with our customers
Oh, you thought I was done with the wave puns. Think again.
As part of this evaluation process, Forrester interviewed several customers about their Jira Service Management deployments. The feedback reflected in the report echoes what we hear from customers in terms of top benefits:
- Realize value fast: With a shorter time to deployment, transparent pricing, and a powerful yet easy-to-use platform, Jira Service Management offers faster time to value and a clearer return on service management investment, enabling teams to quickly transform their service delivery practice.
- Accelerate Development and Operations: With its roots in agile software development, only Atlassian puts everyone together on a single platform for service delivery, allowing Development the autonomy to ship faster while staying aligned with IT Operations to mitigate risk.
- Empower Service For All: Jira Service Management empowers IT to help every team take ownership of their service experience and scale practices without costly add-ons or hairy deployments.
We heard from some of these customers at Atlassian Presents: High Velocity last week. If you weren’t able to join us live in Sydney, the on-demand content will be available online on November 8. My favorite part of the event was hearing from disruptors in the industry using Jira Service Management to drive amazing results.
- Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd plans to consolidate six tools into a single service desk for the company, spanning across 12 markets and more than 3,800 stores.
- NRMA, one of Australia’s largest tourism, leisure, and travel businesses, migrated to Jira Service Management from their legacy platform. They can now easily administer and configure their platform without specialized resources.
- Breville, a 90-year-old leader in kitchen appliances, switched to Jira Service Management from their legacy platform in six weeks. Since then, they’ve brought Jira Service Management beyond IT and empowered business teams to deliver exceptional service. Now, twenty teams across Breville, including 3D Printing, Pricing, and Product Development Kitchen, use Jira Service Management to service 64,000 requests per year.
You, our customers, are our inspiration. You drive us to keep transforming to meet your evolving needs. And Jira Service Management is no exception.
Always on the lookout for the next swell
Just last week at Atlassian Presents: High Velocity, we announced new AI-powered capabilities, including a virtual agent, for Jira Service Management that will supercharge service experiences. We also announced the acquisition of AirTrack, a leader in IT data quality management, to help enterprises take a comprehensive approach to asset management.
Regarding the future of Jira Service Management, Forrester writes, “Formed with input from customers, advisory boards, and partner ecosystems, its roadmap includes a diversity of investments, such as advanced automation and orchestration, unified help, and product analytics that empower end-to-end visibility of the product lifecycle.”
There continues to be so much opportunity for innovation in this space and I’m proud Atlassian is leading the way.
Download the complete report (on us!)
But don’t just take my word for it! To learn more about what we believe sets Jira Service Management apart from other ESM solutions, download a complimentary copy of The Forrester WaveTM: Enterprise Service Management, Q4 2023.