In 2020, driven by our mission to create a world-class Cloud experience, we made the strategic decision to discontinue support for server products. Starting February 15, 2024, Atlassian and Marketplace partners will no longer provide technical support, security updates, or bug fixes for vulnerabilities on server products or apps. This date is only 100 days away and the time to act is now.
To learn more about your options, tried and tested migration strategies, and the most important actions to take in the next 100 days, read our recommendations below and join our upcoming webinar in the US, APAC and EMEA on Dec 7 & 8 to get your questions answered by experts.
Take the next step, now
Over 250,000 customers use our world-class cloud platform today, with millions of users who have migrated from Server and Data Center to Cloud. When you move to Cloud, you get the best of Atlassian – a trusted platform that allows teams to work more efficiently and effectively to propel your business forward. There’s never been a better time to join them.
The size and complexity of your organization will determine which path you take on your journey. Whether you’re making the move to Cloud or Data Center, start planning now by identifying the right path for your organization based on the following criteria:
1. For simpler cloud migrations (<1000 users, 1-6 apps, and 100 custom fields)
Don’t wait! Start the migration process now to complete your migration in the next 100 days with our free trial, guidance, and support.
- Start a Cloud Migration Trial: Activate your trial before November 30, 2023, to get a free 6 months or the duration of your Data Center subscription – whichever is longer.
- Read our step-by-step migration guide: Get all the necessary tools, resources, and support you’ll need for a seamless transition to Cloud.
2. For more complex cloud migrations (>1,000 users, 6+ apps, and 100+ custom fields)
- Reach out to our team: Whether you’re looking for support in building your cloud plan or running your migration, our internal teams and network of Solution Partners are here to help.
- Take advantage of dual licensing:. In order to give you time to complete your migration and avoid double paying for your Cloud subscription and Server license, we offer dual licensing with the purchase of an annual Cloud subscription. From September 12, 2023, if you purchase an annual Cloud subscription before February 15, 2024, Atlassian & participating Marketplace partners will offer up to one year of Server support. This ensures that you won’t introduce security risks by remaining on Server during your migration journey.
For both options above, ensure your server version compatibility with our migration tooling: If your migration timeline extends beyond Server end of support, upgrade your instance to the most recent LTS versions: By upgrading to the most recent LTS versions for Jira Software, Jira Service Management, and/or Confluence, you’ll continue to receive bug fix releases as you complete your migration to cloud. If you are on a server version compatible with our migration tooling, proceed with a migration directly.
3. For those with strict requirements not met on cloud and 500+ users
If you’re unable to move to Cloud now, upgrade to Data Center – our premier self-managed offering, by improving performance at scale, delivering trusted enterprise-grade security and compliance, and modernizing native product capabilities to help boost productivity.
With our single-node deployment option, you can easily upgrade to Data Center in a matter of minutes on the same architecture you’re currently using with Server. Quickly unlock valuable Data Center features to improve performance, security, insights, usability, and more while staying supported.
Need more help?
Join our upcoming webinar on Dec 7 & 8 to better understand your options ahead of Server end of support, explore tried and tested migration strategies, and get your questions answered by migration experts. Or, if you are looking for peer advice, join our AMP Community Group to gain valuable advice and knowledge.