What’s new in
Jira Software Cloud
Whether your organization is using classic project types, next-gen project types or a mix of both, we’ve recently made and will continue to make Jira faster, more user friendly, and more powerful.
This page shows a curated selection of features we’ve released and upcoming features on our roadmap. All forward looking items are subject to change.
Find what you need faster with upcoming improvements to Jira’s quick search. Soon you'll see more more results with better metadata to help you know you’ve found the right thing. We're also adding personalized quick filters for the people and spaces you work with most.
Building a better navigation for Jira Cloud
We are building a new navigation experience that puts the navigation at the top of your screen for a more familiar look and feel. We are also adding many highly requested improvements like adding a dropdown for your favorite dashboards and filters.
Share links to specific comments on Jira issues
Speed up your team's communication and collaboration by using permalinks in the new issue view. Soon, you can share and link people to a specific comment or work log item.
Keep your team in the loop with team @mentions
We’re making it easier for you to keep everyone in the loop with team @mentions. Keep your team informed on an issue or notify a team about a bug. You'll be able to @mention a team, just like you would an individual today.
Create a scalable layout for Jira issues with many fields
We’ve made the Jira issue more accessible for customers who have many fields with our new 'field tabs'* feature, which enables you to group multiple fields together in small folders. Learn more
*Available only in classic templates
New, robust functionality in Jira Cloud for Mac
Last October we launched Jira Cloud for Mac, a new, snappy, and simple way to use Jira. We will be rolling out three exciting features in early 2020:
- Developer tool status: commits, pull requests, builds and/or deployments information will be visible on the issue view, so additional action can be taken if necessary.
- Monitor progress of releases: teams can now track productivity in Jira Cloud for Mac by monitoring the progress of their releases.
- Measure and monitor: burndown, velocity, and cumulative flow diagram reports are all coming soon.
Empower every user to customize email notifications
Enable everyone on your team to customize email notifications from Jira Software, so they only get updates about the issues they want.
Navigate to work you need to find faster on the 'Your work' page
Find and resume the work you care about most on the 'Your work' page. Soon, you'll be able can access the five most-recent projects you've visited. Dive straight into your board with a single click. Or, see all your assigned work with the 'My open issues' filter.
Create unique security levels in Jira’s new issue view
Make sure only the stakeholders you choose are able to view specific work items by creating granular security permissions for Jira issues.
*Available only in classic templates
Enjoy faster load times with new Jira performance improvements
Performance is an ongoing journey in which we continue to invest. We’ve recently shipped some meaningful updates:
- The navigation sidebar now loads 2x faster.
- Jira’s project directory now loads 10x faster.
- Next-gen boards load 1.5x faster.
- Next-gen backlogs loads 1.8x faster.
You’ll continue to see and experience performance improvements across Jira Cloud in the quarters ahead.
Find what you need more seamlessly with new navigation enhancements
We’re constantly fine-tuning Jira’s navigation to make it faster and easier to find what you need.
- We’ve added a new page into Jira called 'Your work' to help you more easily find items you’ve previously viewed or starred as well as incomplete issues that are assigned to you.
- We’ve recently added links within the navigation, in the starred and recent drawers, to help you quickly jump to 'view all' of your boards, projects, filters, or dashboards.
- We’ve added breadcrumbs towards the top of the screen so you can easily find your way back to where you were previously in the product.
Introducing the native Jira Mac app featuring Dark Mode
We’re introducing a native desktop app for customers using a Mac. The desktop app is fast and nimble companion app for people that want to manage their workflow right on their desktop. The app has been designed with ease and simplicity in mind, so finding and switching projects has never been more seamless. Users will also enjoy all the benefits of a native application in MacOS, including customizable push notifications.
In the works
Search, sort, and modify issues with a more powerful project issue navigator Coming in 2020
Issue search is about to get a lot easier with the improved and more powerful project issue navigator: in addition to text search you can now filter by Assignee, Reporter, Status and Issue Type. Enjoy a more intuitive and faster experience.