Atlassian Together, the most open, complete, and competitively-priced work management solution on the market, is now generally available!
At Atlassian, we are focused on one mission: Unleash the potential of every team. After two decades of transforming teamwork for technical teams with apps like Jira Software and Jira Service Management – tools depended on by more than 83% of the Fortune 500 — we are now unblocking open, agile transformation for all teams with Atlassian Together. And customers like Accruent, Outreach.io, Reddit, Sofi, and Varo Bank are among the first to get on board taking teamwork wall-to-wall.
Atlassian Together is a single cloud subscription to our entire suite of work management products consisting of the most feature-rich editions of Trello, Confluence, Jira Work Management, and Atlas. This packaged solution is optimized for the different ways that teams work and seamlessly connects teams together without forcing consolidation onto a single tool. Enterprise-grade Identity and Access Management (IAM) provided by Atlassian Access is included for easy and secure user administration.
Why Atlassian Together?
Close collaboration between business teams (finance, marketing, legal, for example) and technical teams (IT, software developers, etc.) has never been more important. Technical teams are at the heart of nearly every agile transformation initiative at every company across every industry. In the current turbulent macroeconomic climate, an organization’s ability to keep its business agile and responsive, as well as keeping employees engaged, can make the difference between weathering any storm or shuttering doors.
Yet, wall-to-wall teamwork and seamless collaboration between business and tech teams at scale remain elusive concepts for most enterprise organizations. Why? Because business teams and technical teams work in silos. They often operate on completely different platforms, use disparate and disconnected tools, and rely on a diverse set of working practices that don’t always jive. These work and app silos make cross-company collaboration difficult. And they frustrate an organization’s efforts to level up teamwork and employee engagement.
The top challenges for employees — getting on the same page with colleagues, and lack of efficient access to information — have been made even more difficult over the past two years. Businesses are facing the need to balance different working styles and ecosystems of tools with an experience that unifies individuals and teams.Rosanna Jimenez, Research Analyst, 451 Research, a part of S&P Global Market Intelligence
We created Atlassian Together to connect teams that naturally work differently, so they truly work better together. Each product within Atlassian Together empowers teams to work the way they want, while removing the barriers that keep teams from fully integrating.
Net-positive effects on productivity, profitability, and employee engagement become a natural result of Atlassian Together making it easy to:
- Align everyone on company goals, follow and track progress.
- Collaborate on projects that span tools, teams, and time zones.
- Get the right information at the right time from the right people.
- Transition between managing individual, team, and cross-team tasks without losing context.
Atlassian Together empowers our organization to remove friction between our business and technical teams, streamlining processes and reducing data silos, allowing us to all work better together. It’s important for our teams to be able to use the best tool/service to do their work, while still centralizing information and enabling visibility to the work and initiatives we are driving to completion at both the team and company level.Sean Joerg, Sr. Director of IT, Reddit
So how do you begin the teamwork transformation?
First, be more intentional with your work management app investments
Today’s economic uncertainty is causing many organizations to reevaluate the vendors they work with. Organizations are being more intentional when it comes to work management tooling purchase decisions — specifically, asking for help to eliminate tooling redundancy and remove silos. They are looking to standardize on platforms proven to work at scale, while IT teams are being tasked with balancing intentionality with cost savings as well.
We want to start consolidating all of our tools and make sure that we’re using the best… what caught [our] eye is the potential to hopefully eliminate some of our duplicate tools… we want fewer, more strategic vendors to help us.Atlassian Together customer
With Atlassian Together, customers gain access to our entire suite of best-of-breed work management apps — purpose-built for each job to be done and benefiting from a natural connection to the Jira family. This solution provides customers a unique opportunity to standardize on the Atlassian platform, eliminate redundancy, and significantly lower costs.
Beyond saving money and reducing overhead, it’s important to note that standardizing on Atlassian does not mean entering a closed system. Atlassian’s open work management strategy will continue to prioritize a diverse app ecosystem. Indeed, some of the most meaningful customer experiences are created with integrations between Atlassian apps and third-party tools like Figma, Slack, and Miro. We will continue to bring it all together in smart ways, so teams never have to sacrifice the different ways they love to work in order to get the connected alignment that’s critical to an organization being its best.
And for those that may be wondering, Atlassian Together also means a unified admin experience across the products as well — including Trello in the admin hub!
Second, work to empower asynchronous, distributed work
In the world of distributed teams, excellence in asynchronous ways of working is necessary to keep productivity high, whilst maintaining workplace flexibility. According to our State of Teams Research Report, 2022, remote and hybrid workers spend 60% more time in meetings. This is not good. More time in meetings (especially low-value ones) is directly linked to feelings of burnout. Highly-integrated work management tools like what’s included in Atlassian Together can help improve asynchronous collaboration, making it easy for folks to pick up where teammates leave off, follow, track, and contribute to important work along the way. Finding the right information is easy and keeps extended team members from having to frustratingly search for what’s needed, losing important context along the way.
Research featured in a recent VentureBeat article found the average employee spends 45% of an 8-hr workday searching for information (for IT employees itʻs 53% of their day). Imagine how much more productive, engaged, and happy employees would be if we eliminated that—or even just cut it in half! Atlassian Together can help.
Here are 6 ways Atlassian Together can help make distributed teams more productive:
- Provides a work hub to get and keep you oriented. Get organized with windows into everywhere work is happening at the individual, team, and cross-team levels with Trello.
- Gives you access to your organizationʻs collective knowledge. Stop wasting time endlessly searching for what you need. Empower universal access to the organization’s collective knowledge with Confluence.
- Ensures teams are aligned to goals. Get everyone on the same page and make it easy to communicate about the progress of work with Atlas.
- Simplifies project and program management at scale. Simplify the process to get from ideation to done no matter how complex. Track all dependencies and stay on target with Jira Work Management.
- Provides context to work. Cut down on the time it takes to get up to speed on work by ensuring context travels with work at every level, proactively. All Atlassian products embed context into tasks.
- Helps you work according to best practices. Utilize proven templates and guidance to ensure teams are most effective and productive. This comes from a combination of platform automation and analytics, as well as the practices of our R&D team.
And third, create highly engaging employee experiences
Creating a work environment that is highly engaging for employees starts with striking the right balance between alignment and autonomy. Employees and teams need to be aligned to goals and objectives at the individual, team, and cross-team levels, and have a clear view of how their work contributes to the team or organizationʻs overall success. At the same time, they also need the autonomy and freedom to work their way. The intersection of alignment and autonomy is the heart of what it means to work differently, together.
Striking this balance can be challenging when you consider the contrasting desires between what employees want and what employers want. For example, we already know that employees want flexible working situations. But we often hear of business leaders thinking workplace flexibility and workforce productivity are inversely related concepts. In other words, if flexible work is to be adopted, lower employee productivity must be acceptable. Or vice versa, high productivity can only come with return to office mandates.
But, generally speaking, this is false! We believe it is possible to have a highly flexible workplace, with even greater workforce productivity provided you have a set of tools and practices that allow folks to stay connected to goals, teams, and work—with minimal effort. This is where engaging employee experiences can be created, and where Atlassian Together hits a sweet spot.
- Employees can create and customize their own work management hub or dashboard that provides windows into work across teams and tools. This can help employees feel connected to whatʻs going on and always up to speed.
- Smart links makes it possible to automate knowledge discovery and streamline decision-making, embed context across interfaces, and advance workflows from within any of the products part of Atlassian Together. This means time savings from not having to constantly search for information, or from having to switch between tools.
- Anyone can track progress against shared goals by subscribing to project updates, making it possible to reduce or eliminate time-sucking, low-value status update meetings.
- Teams can get interactive with @ mentions, tagging, following, giving kudos, commenting, and collaborating through deep product integrations and in-product experiences. These are all important aspects of empowering a globally distributed workforce working asynchronously.
Wanna see Atlassian Together in action? Check out our demo.
Collaboration at scale
The workflow demo shows how globally distributed teams use the Atlassian Together solution to collaborate on an important product launch. The product overview will show you how your organization can use:
- Atlas to openly communicate and get context about work happening across a company.
- Jira Work Management for projects and processes that require a large team or structured workflows to manage their tasks, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Trello to manage and organize teamwork, meetings, brainstorming, and more.
- Confluence to create, organize, create, and collaborate on content.
- Access, enterprise-grade identity and access management solution that connects Atlassian products to third-party identity providers.
- Atlassian Smart Links to search, edit, and see work across all Atlassian and third-party products.
Atlassian Together is currently available for purchase and starts at just $15.20 per user per month (billed annually) for 1,000 users.
Want to know more about how Atlassian Together can help transform teamwork wall-to-wall at your organization?