‘Twas the week at Summit
And all through the hall
Nearly 1,800 creatures, some small and some tall,
Had all gathered for the biggest Summit of them all.
Wow. What an amazing event. Thank you to everyone who attended, sponsored, presented, and partied with us! We saw a 50 precent increase in attendees this year over last year – 1,800 attendees from 40+ countries! It was big in just about every way. Let’s recap the stories and talk about the three amazing days of Summit 2013.
— Michael McNeil (@RealityCramp) October 3, 2013
— Jeremy Neuharth (@jneuharth) October 3, 2013
— Dave Pacifico (@davejpacifico) October 4, 2013
Announcements from Summit 2013
- Jira Service Desk delivers an intuitive interface for end user requests, a revolutionary new take on SLAs, customizable team queues, real-time reporting, and more – all designed to improve the productivity of your service desk teams and the happiness of your users. Available today for both download and OnDemand.
- Confluence Knowledge Base makes it easy for IT and service desk teams to create structured how-to and troubleshooting articles.
- Confluence Questions, a new product built for Confluence users, is in beta! Confluence Questions is a Q&A platform to capture tribal knowledge, identify expertise, and improve information exchange across your company.
- Hipchat, our group chat product, reached a huge milestone: over 1 billion messages sent! We also announced that Hipchat Server, a self-hosted version of Hipchat you can run on your own network, is now in beta!
- Atlassian Connect introduces a new way to bring your add-ons and plugins – written in any language – into Atlassian OnDemand. It’s a whole new ballgame.
- MakeADiff.org, a brand new way for volunteers with technical expertise to donate their time to charitable organizations who need technology help.
If you attended Summit, you might be scratching your head and saying, “Waitagoshdarnminute… there was a LOT more discussed at the event.” True enough. New product integrations, new features, new add-ons, new UX, other new products… there was a TON this year. We’ll be announcing everything over the next few weeks and months as more stuff comes off the presses. Watch the recording of this year’s keynote for more.
— uncledrew (@DrewThompson07) October 3, 2013
There were over 40 breakouts, and more than 40 speakers including presenters from 24 leading companies. That doesn’t even include the Expert talks. Everyone brought a ton of wisdom and ideas to the table, and the atmosphere throughout the convention area was buzzing.
— Nicholas Muldoon (@njm) October 2, 2013
— Sinéad O'Neill (@SineadEONeill) October 3, 2013
A Summit-sized thank you to our sponsors – all 46 of them (yet another new record for this year). The sponsors, many of them Experts in our partner ecosystem, were just incredible. We couldn’t do Summit without their support, but maybe more importantly, sponsors enrich Summit for our customers because they bring heaps of practical knowledge, services, add-ons, and expertise. ‘Nuf said.
— Paul Renshaw 🦖 (@Paul_Renshaw) October 3, 2013
Just about everything else…
Too much to mention, but here goes:
- The Atlassian Guru lounge was as packed as ever, and we saw more customers this year than in past years.
- The Support Bar, formerly known as the AtlasBar in past Summits, was packed with customers looking to solve technical challenges.
- There were three Atlassian demo areas for customers to learn about our products, but you may not have seen them because they were totally eclipsed by mobs of customers!
- Lots, and we mean lots, of Atlassian User Group leaders were at Summit this year. Tons of AUG finger rockets zipping through the corridors!
- Six training workshops, ranging from Jira Essentials to Atlassian APIs, were a huge hit and sold out.
- The big Summit Bash has gotten even bigger. This year we held it at City View atop the San Francisco Metreon. Some pictures are posted below; those views speak for themselves!
- Fireside chat with Sara Lacy of PandoDaily.
- T-shirt store (this year, with bibs and onesies a la Jira Jr.)
- Beer? Yep.
And on it goes.
— Matt P (@bettaa) October 3, 2013
— /etc/webb (@edwardawebb) October 3, 2013
Good news: There will be a Summit 2014. Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified or just keep watching the blogs.
Summit 2013 in pictures
Got more photos? Tweet and tag them #summit13