Used by millions, Confluence 4 offers fastest, most intuitive online editing and social content collaboration experience for teams
San Francisco, CA (BusinessWire) September 19, 2011 – Atlassian today announced the release of Confluence 4, its premier team collaboration software, with hundreds of new features to help users within an organization to create rich content quickly and easily. Confluence is a content collaboration tool used by over 12,000 organizations, representing millions of users around the world, to help them collaboratively create, share and discuss projects, ideas, minutes, specs, mockups, diagrams, and files. Customers include Boeing, Citigroup, Facebook, Intuit, Netflix, Stanford University, Zynga and more.
“Confluence 4 offers an incredibly intuitive and powerful editing experience that changes the way teams create content and collaborate on projects online,” said Mike Cannon-Brookes, Atlassian CEO and Co-founder. “No one matches Confluence’s ease of use and depth of features.”
Innovative Collaboration Features
Confluence 4 includes hundreds of new features and improvements, including:
- Unifying the best aspects of wiki markup and WYSIWYG to provide a faster, richer, more intuitive editing experience
- Autoformatting and simple keyboard shortcuts that make the editing experience several times faster for content creation for both new and experienced Confluence users
- Twitter-like @mentions provide social connectedness and notifications to connect users with content they should know about
- Autocomplete gives quick access to hundreds of macros to insert dynamic and rich content into pages and blogs
- Paste screenshots directly into the web editor, drag-and-drop file attachments, embed videos, create advanced tables, and more
Easy Installation and Upgrades
A new guided install wizard has been implemented for Confluence 4 on both Windows and Linux operating systems, making upgrades and installations hassle-free. In addition, a “What’s New” feature, added in a prior version of Confluence, will provide a guided tour to all users of the new features available in Confluence 4.
Both hosted and on-premise versions of Confluence are available for a free 30-day evaluation, and customers on active maintenance can upgrade free of charge. For more information, visit http://www.atlassian.com/c4.
Originally launched in 2004, Confluence has quickly become one of the most popular collaboration tools used in business, open source and non-for-profits.
- Customers include 51% of the Fortune 100, 44% of the Fortune Global 100, and over 70% of the top USNews Colleges and Universities
- Over 25,000 teams have purchased Confluence Starter licenses for just $10
- There are hundreds of free and commercial add-ons, including Atlassian’s Team Calendars, available to customers through Confluence’s Plugin Manager
Atlassian provides software development and collaboration tools to help teams conceive, plan, build and launch great products. More than 26,000 organizations of all sizes use Atlassian’s issue tracking, collaboration and software development tools to work and deliver quality results on time and more efficiently.