Plugin Devs! We recently released version 1.3 of the Atlassian Plugin Exchange and I wanted to highlight a few improvements we’ve made.
First, we want to make sure that you can make your plugins look as sexy as possible! So we added a few new features that will make marketing your plugin more effective:
- Plugin details pages can now have large banner images. Just check out how nice this can look on Creately’s plugin page!
- Plugins can now have full-sized logos in addition to screenshots. Again, see Creately for a good example.
- You can also upload smaller FavIcons for your plugin and we’ll use those in various places around the site, like the ‘most popular’ lists.
- We also put your screenshots into a slideshow to make the pages more navigable.
- And don’t forget, in the last release, we addeed the ability to upload videos as well! Here’s Gliffy with a great example!
If you want to know how to get the best out of the Plugin Exchange and how to create good creative assets for your plugin profile, read our guide to Plugin Branding Best Practices.
Second, we’re working to make it easier for users to leave reviews and to encourage good feedback in the Plugin Exchange. In this release we:
- No longer force a reviewer to leave a comment – they can just give us a thumbs-up or thumbs-down. If they want to leave comment, they can still do so.
- Added a feature that let plugin authors flag reviews they feel are inappropriate or unfair. Atlassian will be notified and we’ll investigate.
- Added Gravatar Support to the Plugin Exchange. This will show more “real faces” across the site.
- Now allow users to remove their own ratings & reviews, if needed.
And we also added a few other small improvements. For example, the Plugin Exchange will email you when your plugin has been approved, and we added two more types of share functionality.
Here’s a screenshot with some of these new features in actions.
We hope you find these continued improvements to the Plugin Exchange useful!