Let me give you a hint.. JIRA 4.2 is available today!
This version of JIRA includes tons of usability improvements all designed to save you precious time each and every day. We have also released a new version of GreenHopper to take advantage of all these features for even faster agile project management (see more below).
What’s new in JIRA 4.2?
I’ll do a deep dive on each of the new features over the coming weeks, but here is quick summary:
- Dialogs – All workflow operations and most common actions in JIRA are now performed using dialogs. This eliminates the need to load a new page when doing things like assigning issue, attaching files or linking issues. Dialog are even accessible directly from the search results page which is especially helpful when performing lots of operations on a large set of issues.
- Keyboard shortcuts – The keyboard shortcuts have been expanded to work on the search results page, as well. This means you can step through issue search results and perform actions without ever drilling into an issue.
- Operations dialog – You can now access every available issue action and transition via the keyboard using the Operations Dialog. Simply hit ‘.’ to launch the dialog, then start typing the name of the action. The auto-complete entry field quickly takes you where you need to go.
- Issue search – The new look and feel of search results page is easier to read with coloured row highlighting (with either keyboard or mouse over) and a marker to indicate where you left off when returning to the search results. The left-hand search panel is collapsible to maximise screen real estate. You can also add any search result directly to your JIRA dashboard.
- Labels with auto-complete – Issue labels are now out-of-the-box with JIRA 4.2. The labels dialog includes a convenient auto-complete feature ensuring quick and accurate labelling (see video below).
- And there’s tons more – Check out the full JIRA 4.2 Release Notes for all the details.
See JIRA 4.2 in action
We have put together a little video to show you how simple it is to triage issues with JIRA 4.2:
What’s new in GreenHopper 5.3?
We have also released a new version of GreenHopper to take advantage of all the JIRA 4.2 features. GreenHopper 5.3 includes:
- Keyboard shortcuts – Just like the JIRA search results, you can now navigate the Planning Board using the same set of keyboard shortcuts. GreenHopper has also added shortcuts to move between sections, toggle the list view and more.
- Dialogs – In addition to having access to all of the JIRA shortcuts and dialogs, GreenHopper has added dialogs for editing card priority and viewing issue details.
- One-click wallboards – With the JIRA Wallboard plugin, you can now instantly create a wallboard from the Project Overview on the Planning Board with a single click:
- And more – Check out the full GreenHopper 5.3 Release Notes.
Don’t panic – get ’em today!
Existing JIRA Hosted customers can upgrade for free by filing a support request at http://support.atlassian.com under the ‘Enterprise Hosted’ project.
Try free for 30 days
If you are new to JIRA, you can download an evaluation or check out our Online Trial (both free for 30 days) .