We are proud to announce the availability of JIRA 4.2 EAP 3. This is an Early Access Preview of JIRA 4.2 includes several key features and improvements including:
- Improvements to the view issue page:
- A tighter spacing between lines to reduce space between elements
- Stronger section headings
- The description field separated into its own section
- Horizontal division lines between each custom field
- Votes and Watchers fields on the same line
- Labels represented as bubbles
- Dialogs for common actions and workflow operations
- Type-ahead for labels, components and versions
- and much more..
We invite you to download the EAP and test out JIRA 4.2 today and let us know what you think.
Please note this early access preview is for testing purposes only, and should not be used for production systems. If you are a plugin developer, we strongly recommend you to try out the new 4.2 EAP 3 with your plugin.
As always, we welcome any feedback you may have for us. Simply raise an issue here.
Note: We had previously indicated that JIRA 4.2 was scheduled to be released in July; however, we have decided to add a few iterations to ensure we incorporate as much EAP feedback as possible.