Jira 2.5 is released today in both Professional and Enterprise editions.
h2. New Features
* “User defined columns”:http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/v2.5/navigatorcolumns.html – Users can specify which columns they wish to be displayed in the Issue Navigator
* “Internationalisation”:http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/v2.5/i18n.html – Users can select the language they wish to view Jira with. German translation completed, other major languages coming soon. We’d love your help in translating – please contact us if you’re interested.
* “Configurable Field Layout”:http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/v2.5/issuefield_hiding_and_reordering.html – You can now hide or show individual fields, control which fields are editable, reorder all the fields, edit the descriptions of all fields, as well as make certain fields required
* Bulk editing – You can edit the components, fix version, assignee, priority as well as set the values of all custom fields across any subset of issues from a given filter.
* Improved Issue assigning – Ability to Assign Issues during workflow actions and quicklink to “Assignee to Me”
* Automatic Assigning – Issue can be automatically Assigned to a default user based on the project (Enterprise users can also set Default Assignee based on Component)
* UI Improvements – General UI improvements including: Projects are viewed in categories on the Dashboard and Issues in a more logical order in portlets.
* Field layout schemes – you can now create different field layout schemes (field order, descriptions, required fields, hidden fields and editable fields). These schemes can then be applied to one or more projects, as with any other scheme.
* Component leads – each component can now be assigned a lead. The default assignee for new issues can also be configured per component. That is, the default assignee can be the component’s lead, or whatever the project default is set to.
* Project Categories – projects can be grouped in categories. The Dashboard can be configured to display projects that belong to certain project categories.
h2. Improvements and Fixes
* HSQLDB error – the HSQLDB database in the Standalone edition could easily become corrupted. We recommend all standalone users upgrade to 2.5 as soon as possible
* Jira Standalone now shuts down properly. Hanging Quartz scheduler problem fixed.
* Due Date – Fixed problems caused when creating and editing issue Due Dates.
* XML export problem due to invalid characters fixed.
* Many other fixes and improvements.
Need more reasons to look into Jira? Look at “10 reasons to try Jira today”:http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/learn/10reasons.jsp!
We can’t wait for your feedback on this release – Enjoy!
Take a tour, try Jira online or download an evaluation to use in your organisation – just “try Jira today”:http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/try!
With the introduction of an Enterprise edition, the licensing and pricing for Jira has been updated – you can read all the detail on our “licensing page”:http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing.jsp.
As always, all commercial licenses include the full source and 12 months of free upgrades, so a license is future-proof! Thank you to all our users who have purchased Jira recently – your continued support means a lot to us.
To purchase or ask questions, please “contact us”:http://www.atlassian.com/about/contactform.jsp.