That’s right – the first beta of Jira 1.4 is now available for your testing pleasure, and what a release it is! Read on for details.
There are a few 1.4 features that are not finished for this beta, but there is more than enough new stuff here to get excited about 😉
Just some of the major new features include:
And that’s just the major stuff. There’s also many other minor fixes and improvements, see the changelog for details. The UI is also constantly improving, I’m sure you’ll notice a few of the new ‘niceties’ in the 1.4 interface.
There are a few more not-so-secret features we are trying to complete before the 1.4 final release next Friday – we’re hoping to get them all finished too.
Here’s some brief documentation that you might need for the new features:
1. Activate it from the Issue Linking section of the admin interface
2. Add a new link type (for example “Blocker” or “Duplicate”)
3. Add the permission ‘Link Issues’ to any groups you want to be able to link issues
4. From the View Issue page, start linking!
Comments By Email
1. To check a POP box and add new mails as comments add a service with the class ‘com.atlassian.jira.services.service.pop.PopService’. Alternatively if you don’t like anonymous POP boxes, dump your mail into a directory and use the class ‘com.atlassian.jira.services.service.file.FileService’ instead.
2. On the edit service page, setup your directory or POP account details and then add a handler. There are two handlers for comments at the moment:
3. Now any email sent to the address you are checking will be added as a comment to the issue key in the subject.
4. If you want to link this in with email notifications, it’s easy! Just make sure the email notifications are sent from the same address you are checking – then your users can simply reply to the notification email and their reply will be added as a comment.
CVS Commit Logs
If you want to add CVS commit logs as comments, follow the above instructions but use the handler com.atlassian.jira.services.util.handler.CVSLogHandler instead.
(You will also need to get your CVS server to email commit messages)
You can configure your character set through the General Configuration section of the Admin interface. It should not require a restart. Please let us know your experiences if you try this feature.
There is no standalone version of 1.4 b1.