The Tip of the Month, brought to you by Atlassian University, is a monthly series to help master Atlassian tools. Products are more fun to use when you know all the tricks.
Instructions for Jira behind-the-firewall users:
- Download plugin from Atlassian Marketplace.
- Add an Admin Hipchat API token to Administration > System > Security > Hipchat Configuration (you only need to do this once per Jira install)
- Add the Notify Hipchat post-function to the Create Issue transition (or any other transition you want) — if you choose to assign it to the Create Issue transition, make sure the Hipchat post function is the last one in the list, else you’ll be greeted by an error.
- Choose one or more Rooms you wish to notify
- Complete the JQL field with priority = “Blocker” (or any JQL expression – the issue must return “true” to this expression)
Instructions for Jira OnDemand users:
- This plugin is already bundled with your product. To configure, log in as an administrator in Atlassian OnDemand. At the top right of the screen, choose the cog icon , and then choose <product> Admin (for example ‘Jira Admin’).
- Link Jira OnDemand with your Hipchat site. To do this, in the Jira administration console, go to Mail > Hipchat Configuration.
- Follow the instructions on the page and set up the Hipchat API token.