Today we are proud to announce the release of Fisheye and Crucible 3.6. In this release we’ve made creating a review from a branch in your SCM much, much simpler and streamlined. We’ve also continued improvements to the performance and enhanced the overall experience with Fisheye and Crucible by adding faster keyboard navigation with the new “Actions” dialog.
Crucible 3.6 makes creating reviews for branches fast and simple. By selecting the branch to review, and a base branch to compare it to, Crucible will:
- Show only the changes made on the branch
- Hide any irrelevant changes merged between the base branch and the target branch
- Let you continue with the review after some of the changes are merged from the branch to the base branch
This new functionality is available when adding content to a review via the “Choose branches” option.
New Actions dialog
Now you can perform many review operations (Join, Close, Complete, etc.) and navigate to any administration-related actions without leaving the keyboard. Hitting a single ‘.’ (dot) key stroke displays a dialog with common actions. The available actions are context-aware, and are quickly filtered as you begin typing.
Performance improvements continue
We’re passionate about performance improvements, and it really shows in this release. You’ll notice a significant improvement in the following areas:
- Diff calculation for review pages and changeset pages
- User listings pages–both in the application (/users) and the admin section (/admin/userAdmin.do), especially for large enterprises with many thousands of users
New to Fisheye and Crucible?
Manage your code base and conduct rich code reviews with two tools that, year after year, developers tell us they can’t live without. Try them free for 30 days and see for yourself!