It’s with mucho excitement that we announce the availability of Confluence 3.1 Beta 2 for download.
What’s all the fuss about?
Beta 2 has all the features of Beta 1, and on top of that we have enabled Google Gears integration, allowing you to drag files onto your browser to attach them to your Confluence pages. With the new Drag and Drop feature in Confluence 3.1 you can:
- Attach multiple files onto a page when viewing the attachments page
- Attach multiple files onto a page when in view mode
- Attach multiple files onto a page when in edit mode
- Embed Office Documents (inc. Office 2007 files) and PDF’s when in edit mode
- Embed multiple images onto a page when in edit mode
- Cancel individual file uploads
Don’t believe me? See for yourself.
What else is new?
Check out the release notes for full details.
How can you let us know what you think?
There are three main ways to provide feedback:
- For general feedback, please comment on the Confluence 3.1 Beta Release Notes page
- If you encounter a bug, please create a new issue in our public Jira instance for Confluence. Be sure to select an “affects version” of 3.1-beta.
- If you’d like to speak to us in person, email us at email@example.com. Depending on the topic of your comment, someone from our development team or from the product management team will get in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you on results of your beta testing. If you have any questions, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org