Now that Summit is over, let the real fun begin!
Yes, that’s right, Codegeist, your favorite development competition is back. Some of you who came to Summit will know that this year’s Codegeist started June 1st and goes until July 16th. For you noobs, Codegeist is Atlassian’s annual add-on development competition. This year we’re giving away $45,000 USD in cash prizes. There are four prize categories you can participate in and win:
- Best Overall Add-on ($15,000) — This award will go to the best overall add-on as judged by our panel of judges
- Best Community Rated Add-on ($15,000) — This award will go to the highest rated add-on (as rated by the community on Marketplace)
- Best Marketplace-enabled Plugin ($7,500) — The plugin judged to be the best overall Marketplace plugin (i.e., a plugin which implements the Atlassian Marketplace APIs for licensing and selling their plugin on Marketplace) will receive this prize.
- Best Atlassian Stash Add-on ($7,500) — This award will go to the best add-on developed for Atlassian’s newest product, Stash.
You may have noticed that we’ve been referring to “Add-ons” a lot lately. Think of Add-ons as a superset of integrations, extensions, and other customizations that developers build on top of Atlassian products. Atlassian Plugins are Add-ons, but so are non-plugins. Add-ons are any extensions to Atlassian’s products (JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Bitbucket, HipChat, Bamboo, Fisheye, Crucible, Crowd, etc.). Add-ons can be plugins, Remote Apps, web apps, mobile apps, browser extensions, libraries, clients, command line tools, etc. If it uses an Atlassian product API, it’s an add-on.
To enter an Add-on into Codegeist all you have to do is:
- Build something awesome that uses an Atlassian product
- Share it on Marketplace
- Ask your friends and customers to try it, rate it, and review it on Marketplace. Ratings and reviews will be used by our judges to determine the best Add-ons.
To share it on Marketplace, all you have to do is list your entry and make sure you select the “Codegeist 2012” checkbox.