Sydney, Australia – Atlassian announced its inclusion in the “2005 BRW Fast 100”:http://www.brw.com.au/freearticle.aspx?relId=15866 index today. Australia’s Who’s Who of emerging companies, the 2005 BRW Fast 100 ranks Australia’s fastest growing enterprises on average annual revenue growth over the past 3 years.
At the awards ceremony held last week in Melbourne, Atlassian was named the 3rd fastest growing company in Australia. This positions Atlassian as the fastest growing software company in the country and recognises the phenomenal 427% yearly growth the company has experienced over its three year history.
Launched in 2002, Atlassian enables collaboration and project management in 3,000 organisations from more than 50 countries around the world. Atlassian’s customers are across every industry sector including:
* technology giants Cisco, Oracle, SAP and Hewlett-Packard,
* financial heavyweights Citigroup, HSBC and the World Bank,
* research organizations such as NASA, CERN and Stanford University,
* manufacturing companies from GE and 3M to BMW and Honda,
* pharmaceutical enterprises Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson and Jonhnson and,
* diverse corporations from Pixar Animation Studios to McDonalds, from the United Nations to many branches of the US government.
Atlassian’s Australian customers include Telstra, Optus, News Interactive, Cochlear, Sensis, the CSIRO and departments of the NSW, Victorian and Queensland governments.
“We are honoured to be recognised as Australia’s fastest growing software company,” said Mike Cannon-Brookes, Atlassian Co-Founder and CEO. “Our unrelenting focus has always been on legendary customer service and listening carefully to customer needs. It’s great to see this strategy working for us, and even better to have it recognised in this way.”
From Atlassian’s San Francisco office Scott Farquhar, Atlassian Co-Founder, attributed the company’s growth to Atlassian’s staff, company culture and the strong developer communities built around the company’s products. “We value the fantastic team we have built. Our culture allows us to rapidly adapt our software without losing focus on customer needs. This recognition gives us an opportunity to thank our staff for their brilliant work, and our customers for their support and ideas over the last 3 years.”
Atlassian’s software enables organizations to collaborate and manage knowledge projects within, or across, diverse teams. “Our applications truly empower teams to get their job done.” Cannon-Brookes said, “With the volume of information confronting today’s knowledge worker sharing documents, discussing strategies, managing tasks and searching for information are more important than ever. Our software lets teams do that – brilliantly, quickly, simply.”
Customers from around the world agree; their testimonials speak volumes:
* “Adoption within our enterprise has been epidemic.”
* “A sensational product, I have never seen so many colleagues get so addicted to something so quickly.”
* “Without Jira and Confluence, we wouldn’t be able to deliver as high a quality as we do. They are now core systems to everything we do.”
* “I just wanted to say what a brilliant product you guys have put together. I am so impressed by the product, the sales team, the support and the no-hassle licensing terms. I frankly can’t imagine using any other tool to manage my projects now.”; and
* “We now have a pretty simple rule for products from Atlassian – if they’ve built it, we’ll buy it!”
Atlassian’s mission is to build a different kind of software company – one that listens to client needs, values innovation in development and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. Their commitment to legendary service provides consistent, high quality support for all their customers. Atlassian has offices in Sydney and San Francisco, with all research and development being done in Sydney.