I am proud to announce the release of the Atlassian IntelliJ Connector 2.0. Formerly known as the Atlassian IDE Plugin, the IntelliJ Connector allows you to interact with issues from Jira, reviews from Crucible, and builds from Bamboo without ever leaving your IDE. You can even access and share links to Fisheye for source code insight.
See it in action:
Features we use everyday
Most developers here at Atlassian use the IntelliJ IDEA integrated development environment, which allowed us to do extensive dogfooding of the IntellIJ Connector for this release. Many of the bug fixes, new features and usability improvements have come directly from our own battle testing.
The Atlassian IntelliJ Connector 2.0 features several usability improvements providing a consistent look and feel for working with Issues, Builds, and Reviews, and opening all windows as IDEA tool windows. You can share server connections with your project team, while retaining your own personal IDE settings. The IntelliJ Connector is compatible with both IDEA v7 and v8. Key improvements include:
- Use keyboard shortcut for Quicksearch to find any Jira using issue key
- Assign an issue to oneself, start the progress, and then create and activate a changeset all at once
- Complete entire review from IDEA, with code highlights in editor and comment annotations in diff view
- Stay on top of reviews with updated dashboard, filters and status notifications for full review lifecycle
- Re-run or debug failed tests locally with single click
- Get quick access to builds with dynamic search
- Create link to Fisheye with single click
- Open up any file in IDEA using a Fisheye URL
It’s not only easy to install.. it’s FREE!
Installing the IntelliJ Connector is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Open the IDEA plugin manager. (Go to IDEA’s ‘File’ menu and select ‘Settings’, ‘IDE Settings’, ‘Plugins’.)
- Right-click ‘Atlassian’ in the ‘Available’ plugins tab.
- Select ‘Download and Install’.
Looking for Eclipse IDE integration too?
We’re working on it.. promise! Sign-up here to be the first to know when we have something available for you to play with.